* Re: context - blocking pages
       [not found] <1030696826.3d6f2f7a4285c@horde.aon-resolution.com>
@ 2002-08-30 10:29 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-30 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:40 AM 8/30/2002 +0200, Ryan E. Held wrote:
>Dear Sir,
>I am currently working with the (fantastic !) context
>package to produce some interactive pdf files. Now,
>I am looking for a feature which I did not find yet in any
>of the manuals: I would like to block some pages within
>a pdf file so that no one can edit them (copy text and figures
>e.g.)Is this possible with context ?

Hi,

As far as i know, it is only possible to protect your doc as a whole; for
this you can use acrobat (open doc, save with security options).

The following demo show that you can misuse the form mechanism to get non
selectable data, but since the content is an xform object no interactive
features can be applied. I can i,magine that with some trickery (no time
right now to test it) one can hook this into the page builder (using
background/foreground feature) and so handle pages.

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext

\definesymbol
   [test]
   [{\framed[width=10cm,aligh=normal]{\input tufte \endgraf}}]

\setupfield[test][option={readonly,unavailable}]

\definefield[test][check][test][test,test]

\fitfield[test]

\stoptext

I cc this to the context list, maybe someone knows more.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-30 10:29 UTC | newest]