* Re: Abobe font Helvetica(ArialMT)
       [not found] <5988716.1031649205698.JavaMail.ngmail@mx10.arcor-online.ne t>
@ 2002-09-11 17:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-11 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:13 AM 9/10/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>When I try to use Helvetica in ConTeXt, I always get the URW font NimbusSansL.
>\setupbodyfont[phv,ss,12pt]
>
>But i just want to use the embedded font(s) in the Acrobat Reader.
>When I use a modified map-file (bit 6 set, no < in ec-urw-helvetica.map),
>Acrobat Reader replaced NimbusSansL with Adobe SansMM. Mmmmhh...
>
>What can I do to get the builtin Helvetica (ArialMT)?

in that case you need to remap font names onto the original adobe fonts
(like hv);

however, i suggest to *always* embed the fonts, if only because otherwise
you get different results on different platforms, and (worse:) metrics may
differ per acrobat and/or os version resulting in strange spacing

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Abobe font Helvetica(ArialMT)
@ 2002-09-10 12:51   ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-09-10 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 07:41 am, David Antos wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 11:13:25AM +0200, peter.rolf@arcor.de wrote:
> > Hello to anyone out there.
> > I made a document in LaTeX, which uses the Adobe font Helvetica.
>
> Wrong conference, sorry, this is about ConTeXt, not LaTeX :-)
>
> D.A.

It pays to read the entire message, particularly the passage that
says:
When I try to use Helvetica in ConTeXt, I always get the URW font
NimbusSansL.
\setupbodyfont[phv,ss,12pt]

;-)

John Culleton

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com

* Re: Abobe font Helvetica(ArialMT)
@ 2002-09-10 11:41 ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2002-09-10 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-09-10  9:13 peter.rolf
From: peter.rolf @ 2002-09-10  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello to anyone out there.
I made a document in LaTeX, which uses the Adobe font Helvetica.

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{ae}
\usepackage{helvet}
\renewcommand*{\familydefault}{\sfdefault}
\fontfamily{phv}\selectfont

In Acrobat Reader(5.5) the original font Helvetica is replaced by the builtin
font ArialMT. No fonts are embedded. Its important for me that the resulting
document is very good to read on a screen.

When I try to use Helvetica in ConTeXt, I always get the URW font NimbusSansL.
\setupbodyfont[phv,ss,12pt]

But i just want to use the embedded font(s) in the Acrobat Reader.
When I use a modified map-file (bit 6 set, no < in ec-urw-helvetica.map),
Acrobat Reader replaced NimbusSansL with Adobe SansMM. Mmmmhh...

What can I do to get the builtin Helvetica (ArialMT)?

Thanxs,

Peter

Portabler MP3/CD-Player mit 480 Sek. Antischock, Fernbedienung,
ID3-Tag und integrierter Ladefunktion für nur 77,90 EUR bei mpX
http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/email.mpx