* Problems with input encoding
@ 2002-09-10 18:03 Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2002-09-10 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Sorry for a rather simple question, which probably has an answer
somewhere in the documentation. I spent couple of hours without
success so I hope you'll forgive me. How can I use iso-latin2 encoded
files with the most recent version of Context?

Piotr

* Re: Problems with input encoding
@ 2002-09-11 10:31 ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2002-09-11 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 08:03:07PM +0200, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> Sorry for a rather simple question, which probably has an answer
> somewhere in the documentation. I spent couple of hours without
> success so I hope you'll forgive me. How can I use iso-latin2 encoded
> files with the most recent version of Context?

I'm not sure about Polish setting, I'd try
\mainlanguage[pl]
to set the generated words (Chapter, ...) into Polish, and
\setupbodyfont[my-polish-font-in-the-same-encoding-as-source-is]
(for Czech, cmr, and there are no problems).

Hope it helps,
D.A.

* Re: Problems with input encoding
@ 2002-09-11 17:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-11 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 08:03 PM 9/10/2002 +0200, you wrote: (Piotr)

>Sorry for a rather simple question, which probably has an answer
>somewhere in the documentation. I spent couple of hours without
>success so I hope you'll forgive me. How can I use iso-latin2 encoded
>files with the most recent version of Context?

it depends on what your input encoding is

- input encoding = il2, font encoding = ? -> choose regime il2

- input encoding = font encoding = il2 -> make sure that you have il2
encoded fonts, and set the encoding per raw font file

it works for czech (see mail David A), so polish should work as well,
however: be aware of missing polish glyphs, not all fonts have them

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Problems with input encoding
@ 2002-09-16 10:00       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-16 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context discussion-list

At 01:07 PM 9/15/2002 +0200, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
>Dnia Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 10:40:10PM +0200, Pan(i) Hans Hagen był(a)
>łaskaw(a) napisać:
> > At 10:58 AM 9/12/2002 +0200, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> > [...]
> > you may try:
> >
> >   \useXMLfilter [utf]
> >
> > or
> >
> >   \input xtag-utf.tex
> >
> > but .... first take a look in that file and provide me the rest of the
> > tables -)
> > --------------------------
> >
>Didn't have much effect either (But perhaps I shouldn't uncomment it
>all, should I?). Only character I got was "ó" which is
>in iso-8859-1. What tables do you need?

I'm lost here, what did you uncomment?

@ 2002-09-15 11:07     ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2002-09-15 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Piotr Kopszak, Context discussion-list

@ 2002-09-14 20:40   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-14 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context discussion-list

@ 2002-09-12  8:58 ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2002-09-12  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >  [...]
> >
> > it depends on what your input encoding is
> >
> > - input encoding = il2, font encoding = ? -> choose regime il2
> >
> > - input encoding = font encoding = il2 -> make sure that you have il2
> > encoded fonts, and set the encoding per raw font file
> >
> >  [...]

just one more thing. The problem would be nonexistant, at least for
me, if there was a possibility to use utf-8 input. I would gladly
completely switch to it. Is it possible?

All Best

Piotr