* missing lib
@ 2002-09-16 13:08 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-16 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm trying to install tex under linux (actually, under vmware running on
top of win2k) and get an error message conering libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 ;
does anyone know if some kind of env var needs to be set for this? [suse 8.0]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: missing lib
@ 2002-09-16 14:26 ` Siep
From: Siep @ 2002-09-16 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:08:44 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install tex under linux (actually, under vmware
> running on top of win2k) and get an error message conering
> libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 ; does anyone know if some kind of env var
> needs to be set for this? [suse 8.0]
>
> Hans

This is almost certainly not a matter of environment variables.

On my Mandrake 8.2 system, this file belongs to an rpm libstdc++2.10
and resides in /usr/lib. It is a symlink to libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3.
So I expect that either you need to install an rpm or create a
symlink in /usr/lib.

--
Siep Kroonenberg
siep@elvenkind.com

* Re: missing lib
@ 2002-09-16 15:12 ` Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2002-09-16 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:08:44 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> I'm trying to install tex under linux (actually, under vmware running
> on top of win2k) and get an error message conering
> libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 ; does anyone know if some kind of env var
> needs to be set for this? [suse 8.0]

You need to install a development package: libgpp. This is the case for
my SuSE 7.2, but I expect it is the same for 8.0.

Use YAST to install it.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                      Pagan Papers
http://sattre-press.com/                    by Kenneth Grahame

* Re: missing lib
@ 2002-09-16 17:54 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2002-09-16 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi,

Hans Hagen wrote:
> I'm trying to install tex under linux (actually, under vmware running on
> top of win2k) and get an error message conering libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 ;
> does anyone know if some kind of env var needs to be set for this? [suse 8.0]

  ~> rpm -qf /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
  compat-2002.3.23-1
=> You need to install compat.

Tobias
--
This above all: To thine own self be true / And it must follow as
the night the day / Thou canst not then be false to any man.