* Re: splitting paragraph colums
@ 2002-05-20 14:45 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-05-20 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 03:15 PM 9/20/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I really like the \defineparagraphs and \setupparagraph commands of
>ConTeXt, but is there a way to get such paragraphs splitted
>over two pages. If a paragraph gets too long to fit on the
>rest of the page it will be typeset on the next page entirely.

then, how about using:

\starttabulate[|p|p|]
\NC text \NC text \NC \NR
\stoptabulate
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* splitting paragraph colums
@ 2002-09-20 13:15 Peter Sojan
From: Peter Sojan @ 2002-09-20 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I really like the \defineparagraphs and \setupparagraph commands of
ConTeXt, but is there a way to get such paragraphs splitted
over two pages. If a paragraph gets too long to fit on the
rest of the page it will be typeset on the next page entirely.

Thx,
Peter

* Re: splitting paragraph colums
@ 2002-09-20 15:48   ` Peter Sojan
From: Peter Sojan @ 2002-09-20 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:45:40PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:

> then, how about using:
>
> \starttabulate[|p|p|]
> \NC text \NC text \NC \NR
> \stoptabulate

This works with page breaks, Thank you!

Btw, I tried the \starttable Variant, and you mention
in the manual, that this is based on the table.tex from
Wichura. First it is strange that this works on my system
even when I have no table.tex anywhere in my texmf-root!?

Secondly I would like to ask about the status of a
documentation for all the table features. Is there
any thorough doc I missed out (the most comprehensive
info I found were the exapmles in mp-cb-en.pdf). In
the archives there was once a thread about this where
someone mentions that a complete reference (from Wichura)
only comes with PC-TeX ...

Thx,
Peter

* Re: splitting paragraph colums
@ 2002-09-20 19:07     ` Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 2002-09-20 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Peter Sojan wrote:

> Secondly I would like to ask about the status of a
> documentation for all the table features. Is there
> any thorough doc I missed out (the most comprehensive
> info I found were the exapmles in mp-cb-en.pdf). In
> the archives there was once a thread about this where
> someone mentions that a complete reference (from Wichura)
> only comes with PC-TeX ...

You can buy the TaBle package seperately, but it's a bit expensive for a
free package.

The manual is pretty nice, but almost everything is covered in the core-tab
stuff, an other ConTeXt docu.

Gilbert.

* Re: splitting paragraph colums
@ 2002-09-20 21:25       ` Peter Sojan
From: Peter Sojan @ 2002-09-20 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 09:07:20PM +0200, Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Peter Sojan wrote:
>

> > Secondly I would like to ask about the status of a
> > documentation for all the table features. Is there
> > any thorough doc I missed out (the most comprehensive
> > info I found were the exapmles in mp-cb-en.pdf). In
> > the archives there was once a thread about this where
> > someone mentions that a complete reference (from Wichura)
> > only comes with PC-TeX ...
>
> You can buy the TaBle package seperately, but it's a bit expensive for a
> free package.
>
> The manual is pretty nice, but almost everything is covered in the core-tab
> stuff, an other ConTeXt docu.

O.k. got the docs from core-tab.tex! After that I spent two hours or so finding
Wichura's table package somewhere online, ... I give up!

Any hints!?

Thx,
Peter

* Re: splitting paragraph colums
@ 2002-09-21 16:31     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-21 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 05:48 PM 9/20/2002 +0200, Peter Sojan wrote:
>On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:45:40PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > then, how about using:
> >
> > \starttabulate[|p|p|]
> > \NC text \NC text \NC \NR
> > \stoptabulate
>
>This works with page breaks, Thank you!
>
>Btw, I tried the \starttable Variant, and you mention
>in the manual, that this is based on the table.tex from
>Wichura. First it is strange that this works on my system
>even when I have no table.tex anywhere in my texmf-root!?

this is because i copied the code in thrd-tab.tex -)

>Secondly I would like to ask about the status of a
>documentation for all the table features. Is there
>any thorough doc I missed out (the most comprehensive
>info I found were the exapmles in mp-cb-en.pdf). In
>the archives there was once a thread about this where
>someone mentions that a complete reference (from Wichura)
>only comes with PC-TeX ...

The template keys of starttable and starttabulate are the same (as in most
cases, you can find additional examples in the source code (core-tab.tex,
core-ntb.tex, core-tbl.tex)); some day soon i will reimplement the TaBlE
based package since i've now patched quite a lot and i need a better low
level implementation for proper color support.

You can also take a look at the bTABLE method

Hans

@ 2002-09-23  6:42       ` Martin Kolarík
From: Martin Kolarík @ 2002-09-23  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

Hello Hans,

I noticed that after resolving problem with different heights of differently
created small caps fonts the math fonts behaviour became (IMHO) a bit buggy.

I use very simple and direct (as I still did not prepare typescripts for
myself):

\definefontsynonym[MathRoman][SomeMyFont]
\definebodyfont[10pt,7pt][mm][mr=MathRoman sa 1]

and after patching font mechanism (small caps resolving) the math indexes
(\scriptsize) does not change their size -- they are typeset as 10pt instead
of proper 7pt font.

Have a nice day,

Martin

--------
Martin Kolarik
Moravske Pristroje, a.s., Masarykova 1148, Zlin 76302
tel. +420(603)498498, fax +420(603)490803
web: http://www.mii.cz
--------
e-mail: kolarik@mii.cz
e-mail: kolarik@click.cz
tel. +420(603)535593

* RE: splitting paragraph colums
@ 2002-09-23  7:04         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-23  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 08:42 AM 9/23/2002 +0200, Martin Kolarík wrote:
>Hello Hans,
>
>I noticed that after resolving problem with different heights of differently
>created small caps fonts the math fonts behaviour became (IMHO) a bit buggy.
>
>I use very simple and direct (as I still did not prepare typescripts for
>myself):
>
>\definefontsynonym[MathRoman][SomeMyFont]
>\definebodyfont[10pt,7pt][mm][mr=MathRoman sa 1]
>
>and after patching font mechanism (small caps resolving) the math indexes
>(\scriptsize) does not change their size -- they are typeset as 10pt instead
>of proper 7pt font.

in type-siz.tex you can find how those sizes relate
(definebodyfontenvironment), so in order to get math working you need to
define the associated sizes;

what do you mean with small caps resolving?

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl