* Floating around figures
@ 2002-09-27 19:31 Martin Kolařík
From: Martin Kolařík @ 2002-09-27 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I want to typeset figure (e.g. using
\placefigure[left]{none}{\externalfigure[fig]}) inside a paragraph (of
course, on the left side) and I want to place the figure slightly lower,
saying two or three lines below the start of parahraph. For example:

Paragraph paragraph Paragraph paragraph
paragraph paragraph paragraph paragraph
paragraph paragraph paragraph paragraph
          paragraph paragraph paragraph
 fig fig  paragraph paragraph paragraph
 fig fig  paragraph paragraph paragraph
          paragraph paragraph paragraph
paragraph paragraph paragraph paragraph
paragraph paragraph paragraph paragraph
paragraph paragraph end.

How to do it?

Now, I always got the figure starting at the begining of the paragraph and I
failed to construct three (or any other definable number) first lines above
figure.

Thanks,

Martin

--------
Martin Kolarik
Moravske Pristroje, a.s., Masarykova 1148, Zlin 76302
tel. +420(603)498498, fax +420(603)490803
web: http://www.mii.cz
--------
e-mail: kolarik@mii.cz
e-mail: kolarik@click.cz
tel. +420(603)535593

* Re: Floating around figures
@ 2002-09-29 17:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-29 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 09:31 PM 9/27/2002 +0200, =?iso-8859-2?Q?Martin_Kola=F8=EDk?= wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I want to typeset figure (e.g. using
>\placefigure[left]{none}{\externalfigure[fig]}) inside a paragraph (of
>course, on the left side) and I want to place the figure slightly lower,
>saying two or three lines below the start of parahraph. For example:
>
>Paragraph paragraph Paragraph paragraph
>paragraph paragraph paragraph paragraph
>paragraph paragraph paragraph paragraph
>           paragraph paragraph paragraph
>  fig fig  paragraph paragraph paragraph
>  fig fig  paragraph paragraph paragraph
>           paragraph paragraph paragraph
>paragraph paragraph paragraph paragraph
>paragraph paragraph paragraph paragraph
>paragraph paragraph end.
>
>How to do it?

this feature will probably go into the columnsets mechanism (some day)

for the moment you have to do it manually:

\startbuffer
\placefigure[left]{}{}
\stopbuffer

some text and after word where break is wanted \getbuffer and go on and on
and on

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl