* crash in \startlinenumbering
@ 2002-09-30 15:52 Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2002-09-30 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have found that with too large a text, linenumbering crashes with this
error:

    ! Dimension too large.
    \doreshapebox #1#2#3#4->\ifdim \ht \oldshapebox
                                                =\zeropoint \setbox
\newshap...

    \stopregelnummeren ...ance \linestepper \plusone }
                                                  \global \advance
\linenumb...
    l.10 \stoplinenumbering

I reduced it to a test case:

* * *
\starttext
\startlinenumbering

% this is ok
\dorecurse{1131}{Now is the time.\par}

% this crashes
\dorecurse{1132}{Now is the time.\par}

\stoplinenumbering
\stoptext
* * *

If I add "\setupinterlinespace[line=4ex]" it crashes before
linecount=1131, but I did not experiment to find the maximum possible
value for that case.

Do I need to expand some resource?

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                      Tales of War
http://sattre-press.com/                       by Lord Dunsany

* Re: crash in \startlinenumbering
@ 2002-09-30 22:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-30 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: context

At 10:52 AM 9/30/2002 -0500, Bill McClain wrote:
>I have found that with too large a text, linenumbering crashes with this
>error:
>
>     ! Dimension too large.
>     \doreshapebox #1#2#3#4->\ifdim \ht \oldshapebox
>                                                 =\zeropoint \setbox
>\newshap...
>
>     \stopregelnummeren ...ance \linestepper \plusone }
>                                                   \global \advance
>\linenumb...
>     l.10 \stoplinenumbering
>
>I reduced it to a test case:
>
>* * *
>\starttext
>\startlinenumbering
>
>% this is ok
>\dorecurse{1131}{Now is the time.\par}
>
>% this crashes
>\dorecurse{1132}{Now is the time.\par}
>
>\stoplinenumbering
>\stoptext
>* * *
>
>If I add "\setupinterlinespace[line=4ex]" it crashes before
>linecount=1131, but I did not experiment to find the maximum possible
>value for that case.
>
>Do I need to expand some resource?

no, just split up the chunks, has to do with the way this is implemented

1000 * 15pt per line => 15000 pt is pretty near the max box height of 16
kilopt

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl