* txfonts
@ 2002-09-27 22:06 Wybo Dekker
From: Wybo Dekker @ 2002-09-27 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I get the txfonts in context?
I succeeded by using:

\input txfonts
\enableregime[il1]

but I don't remember where I got txfonts.tex from - it's not on the
texlive CD. Is there a way using the texlive CD only?

--
Wybo

* Re: txfonts
@ 2002-09-29 17:03 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-29 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:06 AM 9/28/2002 +0200, Wybo Dekker wrote:
>How do I get the txfonts in context?
>I succeeded by using:
>
>\input txfonts
>\enableregime[il1]

\definetypeface[mainface][rm][serif][times][default]
\definetypeface[mainface][mm][math] [times][default]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]

or even better (see type-exa)

\usetypescript[times][ec]  % or whatever encoding wanted

\setupbodyfont[times]

which gives you the properly (relatively) scaled helvetica and cmr typeface
as well

>but I don't remember where I got txfonts.tex from - it's not on the
>texlive CD. Is there a way using the texlive CD only?

you can probably find it on the latest ctan cd set; but, tex live has the
tex and px font on it, so it should work with context

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: txfonts
@ 2002-09-30 12:52   ` Wybo Dekker
From: Wybo Dekker @ 2002-09-30 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Hans Hagen wrote:

> or even better (see type-exa)
>
> \usetypescript[times][ec]  % or whatever encoding wanted
>
> \setupbodyfont[times]
>
> which gives you the properly (relatively) scaled helvetica and cmr typeface
> as well

If I try:

\usetypescript[times][ec]
\setupbodyfont[times]
\starttext
\tt Hello 0World!
\stoptext

I get:

! Font \*times12ptrmtf*=ec-utmr8a at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
file not found.

(I run directly from the TeXLive-7)

And would `times' really give me txfonts' txtt instead of Courier?

--
Wybo

* Re: txfonts
@ 2002-10-01 10:08     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-10-01 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:52 PM 9/30/2002 +0200, Wybo Dekker wrote:
>On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > or even better (see type-exa)
> >
> > \usetypescript[times][ec]  % or whatever encoding wanted
> >
> > \setupbodyfont[times]
> >
> > which gives you the properly (relatively) scaled helvetica and cmr typeface
> > as well
>
>If I try:

maybe first giving

\usetypescript[berry][ec]

will help

>\usetypescript[times][ec]
>\setupbodyfont[times]
>\starttext
>\tt Hello 0World!
>\stoptext
>
>I get:
>
>! Font \*times12ptrmtf*=ec-utmr8a at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
>file not found.
>
>(I run directly from the TeXLive-7)
>
>And would `times' really give me txfonts' txtt instead of Courier?

no, just computer modern typewriter which is a quite good one

of course you can create yoru own typescript file and replace 'm (see
type-exa.tex for how times is defined)

@ 2002-10-02  9:47       ` Wybo Dekker
From: Wybo Dekker @ 2002-10-02  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Hans Hagen wrote:

> >And would `times' really give me txfonts' txtt instead of Courier?
>
> no, just computer modern typewriter which is a quite good one
>
> of course you can create yoru own typescript file and replace 'm (see
> type-exa.tex for how times is defined)

I already had a look there and tried several things but it's quite unclear
to me how that works. I cannot to any extent match the txfonts
documentation (/texlive/texmf/doc/fonts/txfonts/txfontsdoc.pdf) with the
definition of times in type-exa.tex.

For example, my first interest is to replace courier with txfonts' version
of \tt (I don't like courier at all, there is no accounting for tastes...)
but replacing `courier' with `txtt' did not work (of course).

Also, I am sometimes told to say (in \setupbodyfont and friends) `pos',
but at other times `times' - I need a book!

Is there a clear description of the \definetypeface command somewhere?
And why are txfonts not an integral part of context?
You yourself made me a devotee of txfonts (and pxfonts)!

--
Wybo

* Re: txfonts
@ 2002-10-02 18:04         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-10-02 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:47 AM 10/2/2002 +0200, Wybo Dekker wrote:
>On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > >And would `times' really give me txfonts' txtt instead of Courier?
> >
> > no, just computer modern typewriter which is a quite good one
> >
> > of course you can create yoru own typescript file and replace 'm (see
> > type-exa.tex for how times is defined)
>
>I already had a look there and tried several things but it's quite unclear
>to me how that works. I cannot to any extent match the txfonts

make a series of

\starttypescript[mono][tx][..]

\stoptypescript

and put that in for instance typeface.tex and say
\usettypescriptfile[typeface] before loading typescripts.

>documentation (/texlive/texmf/doc/fonts/txfonts/txfontsdoc.pdf) with the
>definition of times in type-exa.tex.

in type-enc the symbolic names are mapped onto tx files, aren't those tx
files somewhere in yout path?

\starttypescript [math] [times] [all]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Roman-Upright]     [txr]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Roman-Italic]      [txi]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Roman-Slanted]     [txsl]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Roman-Caps]        [txsc]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Companion-Upright] [tcxr]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Companion-Italic]  [tcxi]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Companion-Slanted] [tcxsl]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Math-Italic]       [txmi]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Math-Symbols]      [txsy]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Math-Extension]    [txex]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Math-SymbolsA]     [txsya]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Math-SymbolsB]     [txsyb]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Math-SymbolsC]     [txsyc]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Math-Italic-A]     [txmia]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Math-Extension-A]  [txexa]
\stoptypescript

>For example, my first interest is to replace courier with txfonts' version
>of \tt (I don't like courier at all, there is no accounting for tastes...)
>but replacing `courier' with `txtt' did not work (of course).

well, in that case i would have to look into the proper names of the tx
mono spaced characters (something for the 'ntg sleuteldag')

>Also, I am sometimes told to say (in \setupbodyfont and friends) `pos',
>but at other times `times' - I need a book!

no, \setupbodyfont[pos] will give you times + helvetica + courier but cmr math

\usetypescript[berry][ec]
\usetypescript[postscript][ec]
\setupbodyfont[postscript]

should give you times + helvetica + courier + tx math

and

\usetypescript[berry][ec]
\usetypescript[times][ec]
\setupbodyfont[times]

gives times + helvetica + cmr + tx math

where in the last two cases the fonts are relatively scaled in order to match

>Is there a clear description of the \definetypeface command somewhere?

mfonts.pdf

>And why are txfonts not an integral part of context?

hm, because i only looked into the times part, and not in the accompanying
sans and monospaced fonts

>You yourself made me a devotee of txfonts (and pxfonts)!

it's really not that hard, (on the next ntg installation day i will give
you a copy of my minimal system with all those free fonts including the
tx/px's)

[i'm willing to add all kind of mappings and fonts, but have no time to
build lists myself, so if someone provides me the names of fonts to use ... ]