* 4TEX5 update anc ConTeXt
@ 2002-10-02 13:15 Woering, A.A.
From: Woering, A.A. @ 2002-10-02 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Being a newbie in the world of ConTeXt I am running into the following problem trying to update 4TeX5.0 to the 4Tex5
update available at the ntg site or update to a new ConTeXt version at pragda-ade.

The 4Tex5.0 update includes format files and should work in one go, but if I update to my full installation of 4Tex5
ConTeXt does not function anymore. Moreover things like fmtutil and texexec are not easy to run separately as 4TeX seems
to handle paths outside the Windows environment/path, so these scripts are usually not able to find ini-files etc.

Anyone a good suggestion or should I use another TeX distribution for easier use with ConTeXt.

Arend

* Re: 4TEX5 update anc ConTeXt
@ 2002-10-02 14:20 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-10-02 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 03:15 PM 10/2/2002 +0200, Woering, A.A. wrote:
>Being a newbie in the world of ConTeXt I am running into the following
>problem trying to update 4TeX5.0 to the 4Tex5
>update available at the ntg site or update to a new ConTeXt version at
>pragda-ade.
>
>The 4Tex5.0 update includes format files and should work in one go, but if
>I update to my full installation of 4Tex5
>ConTeXt does not function anymore. Moreover things like fmtutil and
>texexec are not easy to run separately as 4TeX seems
>to handle paths outside the Windows environment/path, so these scripts are
>usually not able to find ini-files etc.
>
>Anyone a good suggestion or should I use another TeX distribution for
>easier use with ConTeXt.

how about tex live; since you're at nlr, why not ask Michael Guravage to
look into it; he has copies of tex live

concerning paths, say that you unzipped context on texmf-local, then add
texmf-local/context/perltk to your path and it should work; generating
formats is then done by texexec --mak e--alone

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl