* RE: Figure combination
@ 2002-10-04 13:17 Woering, A.A.
From: Woering, A.A. @ 2002-10-04 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Following a posted suggestion I used the following. It feels like a workaround though.

\placefigure[]{xxx}
\bTABLE
\bTR
	\bTD
	\startcombination[1]
	{\externalfigure[xxx]}{(a)}
	\stopcombination \eTD
	\bTD
	\startcombination[1*2]
	{\externalfigure[xxx]}{(b)}
	{\externalfigure[xxx]}{(c)}
	\stopcombination
	\eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE
}

Arend

From: Bill McClain @ 2002-10-04 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:17:46 +0200
"Woering, A.A." <woering@nlr.nl> wrote:

> Following a posted suggestion I used the following. It feels like a
> workaround though.

Using layers you can also do direct x-y positioning of your components:

\definelayer[frontispiece]
\defineoverlay[frontispiece][\composedlayer{frontispiece}]
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=frontispiece]
\setlayer[frontispiece][x=0in,y=0in]{\externalfigure[frontispiece]}

I have only one component here, but I believe you can repeat the
\setlayer with different x-y for the other components. (Sorry:
"frontispiece" is a label for three different things here: layer,
overlay, graphic).

I worked this out from examples in the mailing list archives. I don't
see it my docs yet, but I haven't downloaded docs for a while.

A trick I have used when faced with complicated graphic setups is to
create separate documents as little mini pages, create them as correctly
sized PDFs and then include the PDFs as graphics in the main document.

If I were a real ConTeXt users I suppose I would know how to use
metapost...

-Bill
--

@ 2002-10-06 20:28 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-10-06 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: context

At 03:17 PM 10/4/2002 +0200, Woering, A.A. wrote:
>Following a posted suggestion I used the following. It feels like a
>workaround though.

the suggesion about using tables was more aiming at :

\bTABLE[offset=0pt]
\bTR \bTD[nr=2,align=lohi] \externalfigure[cow] \eTD
      \bTD \externalfigure[cow] \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD \externalfigure[cow] \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE

so, spanning 2 rows
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Figure combination
@ 2002-10-04 12:49 ` Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2002-10-04 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-10-04 11:05 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-10-04 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:25:06 +0200
"Woering, A.A." <woering@nlr.nl> wrote:

> In a document I am writing at the moment I would like to have one
> large image(1) on the right with two (2,3) detailed
> images on the right as shown:

> 1111 222
> 1111 222
> 1111 333
> 1111 333

What about a table where the first column spans two rows? --> enattab.pdf

Jens

* Figure combination
@ 2002-10-04 10:25 Woering, A.A.
From: Woering, A.A. @ 2002-10-04 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

In a document I am writing at the moment I would like to have one large image(1) on the right with two (2,3) detailed
images on the right as shown:

1111 222
1111 222
1111 333
1111 333

In LateX this was a matter of nesting minipages containing these figures. In ConTeXt I assumed nesting of
combinations would be possible, but I am not able to get it working.

Arend