* Re: equation nummering
       [not found] <DD292309-DDF0-11D6-9319-003065568054@science.uva.nl>
@ 2002-10-12 15:33 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-10-12 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 04:42 PM 10/12/2002 +0200, Hans van der Meer wrote:
>Onderstaand mailtje had ik via de NTG- Context lijst verstuurd maar is
>kennelijk gesneuveld in de gehackte server (zoals ik net via de email
>'hoorde'). Daarom hier nogmaals
>
>Equation numbers are produced by
>      \placeformula\startformula ... \stopformula
>Not by
>      \placeformula\startformula\displaylines{ ... }\stopformula
>as is according to plain TeX.
>But also no equationnumber appeared with
>      \placeformula\startformula\eqalignno{ ... }\stopformula
>where one should expect to see one.
>How can I get my multiline displays numbered?

are you sure that plain eqalignno produces a number?

$$\equalignno{...\cr...}$$

does not give me a number in plain

anyhow, you can get numbers with by adding

   \formulanumber

to the lines you want them

>Een tweede puntje. Ik kreeg in lucida de blackboard letters (R, N, Z, etc.
>vooral voor math) niet.
>Het mailtje naar de lijst (of het antwoord daarop) zal ook wel om dezelfde
>reden gesneuveld zijn.
>Ik vond onlangs echter uit dat dit probleem kan worden opgelost door aan
>het bestand math-lbr.tex een regel toe te voegen. Misschien iets voor de
>volgende beta.
>% HvdM 2002-10-09: next call activates \Bbb#1 for blackboard letters
>\definefamilysynonym [lbr] [blackboard]  [ma]

this is already repaired in the latest version, now there is also

\definemathcommand [integers]       {\blackboard{Z}}
\definemathcommand [reals]          {\blackboard{R}}
\definemathcommand [rationals]      {\blackboard{Q}}
\definemathcommand [naturalnumbers] {\blackboard{N}}
\definemathcommand [complexes]      {\blackboard{C}}
\definemathcommand [primes]         {\blackboard{P}}

this is also supposed to work with the palatino and cmr/ams math [from now
on, ams is preloaded as fall back]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-12 15:33 UTC | newest]