* [NTG-context] Tooltips
@ 2002-10-17 17:01 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-10-17 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I notice that the "active area" that triggers tooltips is a little
misplaced to the bottom right. Is this a "wanted" effect?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: [NTG-context] Tooltips
@ 2002-10-17 23:41 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-10-17 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:01:01 +0200
Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it> wrote:

> I notice that the "active area" that triggers tooltips is a little
> misplaced to the bottom right. Is this a "wanted" effect?

Sorry, i can not answer this, but your question reminded me that
i have also an question about tooltips:

Is it possible to make the whole word an active area for the tooltip
instead of the currently used small area below?

Thanks,
  Jens

* Re: [NTG-context] Tooltips
@ 2002-10-18  7:59 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-10-18  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:01 PM 10/17/2002 +0200, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>.I notice that the "active area" that triggers tooltips is a little
>misplaced to the bottom right. Is this a "wanted" effect?

yes, has to do with convenient pointing area -)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[2]: [NTG-context] Tooltips
@ 2002-10-18 13:01   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-10-18 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Friday, October 18, 2002 Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:

JUM> On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:01:01 +0200
JUM> Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it> wrote:

>> I notice that the "active area" that triggers tooltips is a little
>> misplaced to the bottom right. Is this a "wanted" effect?

JUM> Sorry, i can not answer this, but your question reminded me that
JUM> i have also an question about tooltips:

JUM> Is it possible to make the whole word an active area for the tooltip
JUM> instead of the currently used small area below?

That's precisely what I want, too. Hans? Still "has to do with
convenient pointing area"? It's not very convenient the way it is
now, really ... :D

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Re[2]: [NTG-context] Tooltips
@ 2002-10-18 18:54     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-10-18 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Freitag, 18. Oktober 2002 15:01 schrieb Giuseppe Bilotta:
> JUM> Is it possible to make the whole word an active area for the tooltip
> JUM> instead of the currently used small area below?
> That's precisely what I want, too. Hans? Still "has to do with
> convenient pointing area"? It's not very convenient the way it is
> now, really ... :D

I agree!

And as I tried it last time, the tooltip text was ugly stretched in width.
Don't know if this is possibly fixed in the actual edition.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://www.ramm.ch/context/

* Re: [NTG-context] tooltips
@ 2002-10-21 12:26 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-10-21 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:59:31 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> i come back to the tooltips later

before i forget it, i would like to give here an additional idea
about this topic:

IMO, the whole thing should be more general, maybe by calling it
'balloons' or 'balloonwidget'. The usage in \footnote, \tooltip or
\cite is only an instance of the more general balloon-object.

For example, i would like to use such a ballon-widget as a
dropdown-menu in an interactive document that contains
a list of chapters, ...:

\balloon[placement={below,centered},
        frameclass=DropMenu,
        opendirection=down,
	openaction=OnClick]
	{Chapters}
	{\placelist
	    [chapter]
	    [criterium=all,
	     alternative=a,
	     pagenumber=no,
	     interaction=all]}

and tooltips are then:
\defineballoon[tooltip][...]

Could this be done?

Have a nice day,
 Jens

* [NTG-context] tooltips
@ 2002-10-20 21:59 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-10-20 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i come back to the tooltips later, first i have to catch a few deadlines