* [NTG-context] advice for a beginner
@ 2002-10-20  1:52 Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2002-10-20  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Everyone:

I'm a real beginner with TeX and ConTeXt.  I have had some success with
English documents, but what I really want to do is create Chinese and
Japanese docs.  What do I need to understand about TeX and ConTeXt in
general in order to do this?  There seem to be so many things to learn, I'm
not sure where to start.  One big question for me is whether or not I need
to look at using Omega.

I'm not asking for a tutorial on how to do asian languages in TeX, just for
advice on what areas of the system I need to know about.

Thanks

Matthew

* Re: [NTG-context] advice for a beginner
@ 2002-10-20 16:44 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-10-20 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:52 AM 10/20/2002 +0900, Matthew Huggett wrote:
>Hi Everyone:
>
>I'm a real beginner with TeX and ConTeXt.  I have had some success with
>English documents, but what I really want to do is create Chinese and
>Japanese docs.  What do I need to understand about TeX and ConTeXt in
>general in order to do this?  There seem to be so many things to learn, I'm
>not sure where to start.  One big question for me is whether or not I need
>to look at using Omega.
>
>I'm not asking for a tutorial on how to do asian languages in TeX, just for
>advice on what areas of the system I need to know about.

there is a manual on chinese (website -> showcase -> manuals -> chinese)

korean is under construction

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl