* Re: Tabulate and vertical spacing
       [not found] <Pine.OSF.4.30.0211081621480.16331-100000@sirppi.helsinki.f i>
@ 2002-11-08 16:35 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-11-08 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:45 PM 11/8/2002 +0200, mari.voipio@iki.fi wrote:

>Hello!
>
>This is a YASQ (Yet Another Stupid Question) that might well have an
>answer in the mail archives, but they still don't cooperate (at least I
>cannot find any links to a working archive)...
>
>How do I change the vertical line spacing in a tabulation? My default
>setting is \setupwhitespace[medium], nothing else. Most of my tabulations
>are fine with this, but in one certain set I'd need to bring the lines
>vertically closer together - how do I achieve this?

\noalign{\vskip-4pt}

>BTW, how does ConTeXt understand lines of a tabulation - are they
>altogether one block or is each line equivalent to a block? (Windows
>analogy: Word handles the text in each cell as a separate paragraph; but
>Word isn't exactly a good typesetter, anyway.)

\starttabulate
\NC test \NC test \endgraf test \NC \NR
\noalign{\vskip-3pt}
\NC test \NC test \endgraf test \NC \NR
\stoptabulate

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Tabulate and vertical spacing
@ 2002-11-09  0:25 ` Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2002-11-09  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ignore that about "packed".  It's early in the morning --- I got mixed up
with \startitemize :-)

@ 2002-11-09  0:22 ` Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2002-11-09  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Would using "packed" help?  e.g., \starttabulate[4,packed]

@ 2002-11-08 14:45 mari.voipio