* PDF zoom
@ 2002-11-10 11:46 Zeljko Vrba
From: Zeljko Vrba @ 2002-11-10 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have bookmarks and cross-references in my document.  When clicking
to any of them, the acrobat reader moves me to the right place.  However,
it changes current zoom to fit to page.  How do I make it retain the zoom I
manually set up myself?

* Re: PDF zoom
@ 2002-11-10 12:51 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-11-10 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Sunday, November 10, 2002 Zeljko Vrba wrote:

ZV> I have bookmarks and cross-references in my document.  When clicking
ZV> to any of them, the acrobat reader moves me to the right place.  However,
ZV> it changes current zoom to fit to page.  How do I make it retain the zoom I
ZV> manually set up myself?

Personally, I use \dosetuppageview{standard}; it seems to work.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: PDF zoom
@ 2002-11-10 14:32   ` Zeljko Vrba
From: Zeljko Vrba @ 2002-11-10 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 01:51:18PM +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

> Sunday, November 10, 2002 Zeljko Vrba wrote:
>

> ZV> I have bookmarks and cross-references in my document.  When clicking
> ZV> to any of them, the acrobat reader moves me to the right place.  However,
> ZV> it changes current zoom to fit to page.  How do I make it retain the zoom I
> ZV> manually set up myself?
>
> Personally, I use \dosetuppageview{standard}; it seems to work.

It works for in-text cross references (TOC, indices, etc.) but it doesn't
work for bookmarks :(

* Re: PDF zoom
@ 2002-11-10 15:13   ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-11-10 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Sunday 10 November 2002 12:51 pm, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> Sunday, November 10, 2002 Zeljko Vrba wrote:
>

> ZV> I have bookmarks and cross-references in my document.  When
> clicking ZV> to any of them, the acrobat reader moves me to the right
> place.  However, ZV> it changes current zoom to fit to page.  How do
> I make it retain the zoom I ZV> manually set up myself?
>
> Personally, I use \dosetuppageview{standard}; it seems to work.

Is this command documented somewhere? Is it a Context command or a
Pdf(e)tex one?
--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters

* Re[2]: PDF zoom
@ 2002-11-10 16:09     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-11-10 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

>> Personally, I use \dosetuppageview{standard}; it seems to work.

JC> Is this command documented somewhere? Is it a Context command or a
JC> Pdf(e)tex one?

(Hidden) ConTeXt command. It's quite a struggle to make XYZ work properly
in pdfTeX because it cannot be fully specified properly. Hans, any
news on this?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: PDF zoom
@ 2002-11-10 16:25     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-11-10 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Sunday, November 10, 2002 Zeljko Vrba wrote:

ZV> On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 01:51:18PM +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>>
>> Sunday, November 10, 2002 Zeljko Vrba wrote:
>>

>> ZV> I have bookmarks and cross-references in my document.  When clicking
>> ZV> to any of them, the acrobat reader moves me to the right place.  However,
>> ZV> it changes current zoom to fit to page.  How do I make it retain the zoom I
>> ZV> manually set up myself?
>>
>> Personally, I use \dosetuppageview{standard}; it seems to work.
>>
ZV> It works for in-text cross references (TOC, indices, etc.) but it doesn't
ZV> work for bookmarks :(

Indeed it seems to be broken for bookmarks (in my test doc it
respects the zoom but goes to the wrong position (?)); and it
seems to be broken for references created with commands defined by
\definereferenceformat ...

Hm.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: PDF zoom
@ 2002-11-18 19:41       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-11-18 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 05:09 PM 11/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:

> >> Personally, I use \dosetuppageview{standard}; it seems to work.
>
>JC> Is this command documented somewhere? Is it a Context command or a
>JC> Pdf(e)tex one?
>
>(Hidden) ConTeXt command. It's quite a struggle to make XYZ work properly
>in pdfTeX because it cannot be fully specified properly. Hans, any
>news on this?

no, do we know what we need (i.e kno whow the patch dhoul dlook like?)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[2]: PDF zoom
@ 2002-11-18 19:42       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-11-18 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 05:25 PM 11/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>Sunday, November 10, 2002 Zeljko Vrba wrote:

> place.  However,
> the zoom I
> >>
> >> Personally, I use \dosetuppageview{standard}; it seems to work.
> >>
>ZV> It works for in-text cross references (TOC, indices, etc.) but it doesn't
>ZV> work for bookmarks :(
>
>Indeed it seems to be broken for bookmarks (in my test doc it
>respects the zoom but goes to the wrong position (?)); and it
>seems to be broken for references created with commands defined by
>\definereferenceformat ...

since you know that piece of code, do you have any idea what goes wrong?

[we need a minimal example, as usual]