* vanishing leftarrow
@ 2002-11-20 11:41 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2002-11-20 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I did encounter something strange with leftarrow in metapost math:

In normal text:
All three arrows appear with $l\leftarrow r\rightarrow
lr\leftrightarrow$.

In metapost:
The leftarrow does not appear, the others do in:
	\placefigure{}{\startMPgraphic
		u = 180mm; v = 40mm;
		label.bot(textext("$l\leftarrow r\rightarrow
lr\leftrightarrow$"),(u/2,v));
	\stopMPgraphic\loadcurrentMPgraphic{}\placeMPgraphic}

How is that possible and how can it be repaired?

Hans van der Meer

* Re: vanishing leftarrow
@ 2002-11-20 13:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-11-20 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:41 PM 11/20/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>I did encounter something strange with leftarrow in metapost math:
>
>In normal text:
>All three arrows appear with $l\leftarrow r\rightarrow lr\leftrightarrow$.
>
>In metapost:
>The leftarrow does not appear, the others do in:
>         \placefigure{}{\startMPgraphic
>                 u = 180mm; v = 40mm;
>                 label.bot(textext("$l\leftarrow r\rightarrow
> lr\leftrightarrow$"),(u/2,v));
>         \stopMPgraphic\loadcurrentMPgraphic{}\placeMPgraphic}
>
>How is that possible and how can it be repaired?

in the ps file we get:

(l) cmmi12 11.95517 fshow
226.60309 102.08342 moveto
( ) cmsy10 11.95514 fshow
241.87918 102.08342 moveto
(r) cmmi12 11.95517 fshow

here, the space char is the arrow; the mp to pdf converter makes this into
a special kind of space;

you may try:

\def\MPspacechar{\char32\relax}

Hans