* Some \definelayout troubles
@ 2002-11-20 15:09 Rob van Swol
From: Rob van Swol @ 2002-11-20 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I want to set a different layout for even and odd pages; so I use
something like:

\definelayout[odd][backspace=4.0cm]
\definelayout[even][backspace=2.5cm]

This works fine, except I get these extra pages again after
\stopstandardmakeup, \stopfrontmatter, and \stopappendices
[Note: I applied the following patch to cont-new.tex, Context ver:
2002.10.23

\appendtoks
   \gdef\shipout{\dowithnextbox{\deadcycles\zerocount}}%
\to \everylastshipout
]

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Rob

--

Rob W. van Swol
National Aerospace Laboratory NLR       Tel. +31 527 248252

* Re: Some \definelayout troubles
@ 2002-11-22 22:32 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-11-22 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:09 PM 11/20/2002 +0100, Rob van Swol wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I want to set a different layout for even and odd pages; so I use
>something like:
>
>\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>\definelayout[odd][backspace=4.0cm]
>\definelayout[even][backspace=2.5cm]
>
>This works fine, except I get these extra pages again after
>\stopstandardmakeup, \stopfrontmatter, and \stopappendices
>[Note: I applied the following patch to cont-new.tex, Context ver:
>2002.10.23
>
>\appendtoks
>    \gdef\shipout{\dowithnextbox{\deadcycles\zerocount}}%
>\to \everylastshipout
>]
>
>Any suggestions?

make the smalles possible test file

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Some \definelayout troubles
@ 2002-11-25  9:09   ` Rob van Swol
From: Rob van Swol @ 2002-11-25  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

The following document can be used as test document. If you comment out
the line \enablemode[doublesided] you get 5 pages, otherwise 10!

Rob

\setupoutput[pdftex]
\enablemode[doublesided]

\setuppapersize[A4][A4]
\defineoverlay
  [Header]
  [{\framed
     [width=\overlaywidth,height=\overlayheight,
      offset=overlay,align=right,frame=off]
     {\midaligned{-{\pagenumber}-}\\
      \blackrule[height=0.05cm,width=15cm,depth=0pt] }
   }]
\setupbackgrounds
  [state=repeat]

\startstandardmakeup
   {A doublesided document with \ConTeXt}
\stopstandardmakeup

\setuplayout
  [backspace=4.0cm]

\setupbackgrounds
  [header][text]
  [background={Header}]

\setuppagenumbering[location=]

\doifmode{doublesided}
  {\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
   \definelayout[odd][backspace=4.0cm]
   \definelayout[even][backspace=2.5cm]}

\startfrontmatter
 \page[yes,blank,empty]
 \completecontent
\stopfrontmatter

\starttext

\startbodymatter
 \chapter[]{Chapter}
  This document ...
\stopbodymatter

\startappendices
 \chapter[]{Appendix}
 This is appendix ...
\stopappendices
\stoptext

@ 2002-11-30 21:53     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-11-30 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:09 AM 11/25/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>\doifmode{doublesided}
>   {\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>    \definelayout[odd][backspace=4.0cm]
>    \definelayout[even][backspace=2.5cm]}

\startmode[doublesided]

   \definelayout[odd][backspace=4.0cm]
   \definelayout[even][backspace=2.5cm]

\stopmode

may be more readable

@ 2002-11-30 22:02     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-11-30 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:09 AM 11/25/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>\startfrontmatter
>  \page[yes,blank,empty]

^ hmm

>  \completecontent
>\stopfrontmatter

section blocks as set up to start/end on a right/left page; chapters are
set up to start at a righ tpage; in a single sided layout, a left/right
page is just a next page

you can play with:

%\setupsectionblock[frontpart]   [page=yes]
%\setupsectionblock[bodypart]    [page=yes]
%\setupsectionblock[appendix]    [page=yes]
%\setuphead        [chapter]     [page=yes]

Keep in mind that going to a next page is kind of tricky, since it is
related to setting/resetting header/footer texts, backgrounds, so you'd
best know where/when to issue such a command

@ 2002-12-03  8:30       ` Rob van Swol
From: Rob van Swol @ 2002-12-03  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

This was very helpful; though I am left with two issues:

1) What is the correct way to get an empty page right after the title
page (standardmakeup); thus without headers and both for doublesided and
singlesided?

2) I understand now the origin of the empty pages; it is related to
starting at a new (left/right) page. However: at the end of the document
an extra page is added to get an even number of pages in the doublesided
setup. But this page gets a header and it is also counted in the total
number of pages. I prefer to have an empty pages without header, not
numbered and not counting in the total number of pages. (I personally
think this would be the correct way) How to achieve this?

Regards,
Rob