* Re: Swedish in lang-ger.tex
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.44.0212042031470.1472-100000@h99n1fls23o1074.te lia.com>
@ 2002-12-05  8:55 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <Pine.LNX.4.44.0212052120100.1748-100000@h99n1fls23o1074.te lia.com>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-12-05  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 08:57 PM 12/4/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Hans,
>
>Some weeks ago, before I found this discussion forum, I sent you a mail about
>Swedish conventions in ConTeXt. Simce I see that no changes have been made
>in "lang-ger.tex" I repeat my comments here:

actually, i did change it a while ago; but it probably went unnoticed
because the beta link was wrong

http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/beta/cont-tmf.zip

>As you can see "leftquote", "leftquotation" and "datum" ought to be changed.
>Also, in the Swedish language the symbol represented by "---" doesn't exist;
>we only use "-" and "--". So I guess "leftsentence", "rightsentence", etc.
>should be changed too.

think so, what should we do?

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Swedish in lang-ger.tex
@ 2002-12-05 20:50     ` Gilles Pérez-Lambert
From: Gilles Pérez-Lambert @ 2002-12-05 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Le 5 déc. 2002 à 21 h 52 (+0100, CET), Stefan Karlsson a dit :
> Well, in the generated text is should be "--" with a space before and
> after. In
> my _opinion_ the spaces should be unbreakable.

But this would make TeX life impossible. In French, too, some thinks
spaces before and after ``---'' should be unbreakble but it is not
possible (and in French typography ``---'' floats freely).

Gilles.

* Re: Swedish in lang-ger.tex
@ 2002-12-05 20:52   ` Stefan Karlsson
       [not found]   ` <Pine.LNX.4.44.0212052120100.1748-100000@h99n1fls23o1074.te lia.com>
From: Stefan Karlsson @ 2002-12-05 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Hans Hagen wrote:

> >Some weeks ago, before I found this discussion forum, I sent you a mail about
> >Swedish conventions in ConTeXt. Simce I see that no changes have been made
> >in "lang-ger.tex" I repeat my comments here:
>
> actually, i did change it a while ago; but it probably went unnoticed
> because the beta link was wrong

> http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/beta/cont-tmf.zip

Now it looks ok.

> >As you can see "leftquote", "leftquotation" and "datum" ought to be changed.
> >Also, in the Swedish language the symbol represented by "---" doesn't exist;
> >we only use "-" and "--". So I guess "leftsentence", "rightsentence", etc.
> >should be changed too.
>
> think so, what should we do?

Well, in the generated text is should be "--" with a space before and after. In
my _opinion_ the spaces should be unbreakable.

/Stefan

* Re: Swedish in lang-ger.tex
@ 2002-12-06  8:25       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-12-06  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:50 PM 12/5/2002 +0100, Gilles Pérez-Lambert wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Le 5 déc. 2002 à 21 h 52 (+0100, CET), Stefan Karlsson a dit :
> > Well, in the generated text is should be "--" with a space before and
> > after. In
> > my _opinion_ the spaces should be unbreakable.
>
>But this would make TeX life impossible. In French, too, some thinks
>spaces before and after ``---'' should be unbreakble but it is not
>possible (and in French typography ``---'' floats freely).

a reasonable alternative is:

text --<nonbreakable space>hyphenatable text<nonbreakable space>-- text

[when you use |<|.....|>| you get that behavior, and also handling of
nested ones]

@ 2002-12-06  8:26     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-12-06  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:52 PM 12/5/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>Well, in the generated text is should be "--" with a space before and
>after. In
>my _opinion_ the spaces should be unbreakable.

i changed the --- into the german --'s

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Swedish in lang-ger.tex
@ 2002-12-04 19:57 Stefan Karlsson
From: Stefan Karlsson @ 2002-12-04 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Some weeks ago, before I found this discussion forum, I sent you a mail about
Swedish conventions in ConTeXt. Simce I see that no changes have been made
in "lang-ger.tex" I repeat my comments here:

\installlanguage
  [\s!sv]
  [\c!spatiering=\v!opelkaar,
   \c!leftsentence=---,
   \c!rightsentence=---,
   \c!leftsubsentence=---,
   \c!rightsubsentence=---,

%  \c!leftquote=\upperleftsinglesixquote,
   \c!leftquote=\upperrightsingleninequote,

   \c!rightquote=\upperrightsingleninequote,

%  \c!leftquotation=\upperleftdoublesixquote,
   \c!leftquotation=\upperrightdoubleninequote,

   \c!rightquotation=\upperrightdoubleninequote,

%  \c!datum={\v!jaar,\ ,\v!maand,\ ,\v!dag},
   \c!datum={\v!dag,\ ,\v!maand,\ ,\v!jaar},

   \c!status=\v!stop]

As you can see "leftquote", "leftquotation" and "datum" ought to be changed.
Also, in the Swedish language the symbol represented by "---" doesn't exist;
we only use "-" and "--". So I guess "leftsentence", "rightsentence", etc.
should be changed too.

Regards

/Stefan Karlsson