* utf-8
@ 2002-12-07 13:31 Simon Pepping
From: Simon Pepping @ 2002-12-07 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

The new beta works fine.

\unknownchar must be enclosed in braces, to prevent error messages
when the unknown char is the only char in a superior or inferior.

Many math symbols (unicode range 0x2200) are still missing. Would they
be added like this: \definecharacter textSum {\mathematics{\Sum}} ? I
will experiment somewhat with this later.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
email: spepping@scaprea.hobby.nl

* Re: utf-8
@ 2002-12-08 13:46 ` Simon Pepping
From: Simon Pepping @ 2002-12-08 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 02:31:03PM +0100, Simon Pepping wrote:
> Many math symbols (unicode range 0x2200) are still missing. Would they
> be added like this: \definecharacter textSum {\mathematics{\Sum}} ? I
> will experiment somewhat with this later.

Attached my first efforts. I will work it out later, if there is a
need. How do I define combinations with \not? Can I use the AMS
character names straight away?

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
email: spepping@scaprea.hobby.nl

[-- Attachment #2: unic-034.tex --]

[-- Attachment #3: uni34test.tex --]

* Re: utf-8
@ 2002-12-08 20:28 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-12-08 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 02:31 PM 12/7/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>The new beta works fine.
>
>\unknownchar must be enclosed in braces, to prevent error messages
>when the unknown char is the only char in a superior or inferior.
>
>Many math symbols (unicode range 0x2200) are still missing. Would they
>be added like this: \definecharacter textSum {\mathematics{\Sum}} ? I
>will experiment somewhat with this later.

since the accented chars and math are kin dof special, those vectors need
to be filled with named glyphs, you can best look into the math-* files,
since they are symbols, and need to adapt themselves to the math fonts
(ams,px,tx,lbr,mt,..)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Re: utf-8
@ 2002-12-08 20:37   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-12-08 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 02:46 PM 12/8/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 02:31:03PM +0100, Simon Pepping wrote:
> > Many math symbols (unicode range 0x2200) are still missing. Would they
> > be added like this: \definecharacter textSum {\mathematics{\Sum}} ? I
> > will experiment somewhat with this later.
>
>Attached my first efforts. I will work it out later, if there is a
>need. How do I define combinations with \not? Can I use the AMS
>character names straight away?

indeed, this also makes them adapt better to font circumstances

\startunicodevector 34
   \ifcase#1%\numexpr(#1-15)
     \strippedcsname \forall      \or   % "2200
     \strippedcsname \unknownchar \or
     \strippedcsname \partial     \or
     \strippedcsname \exists      \or
     \strippedcsname \notexists   \or
     \strippedcsname \emptyset    \or
     \strippedcsname \unknownchar \or
     \strippedcsname \nabla       \or
     \strippedcsname \in          \or
     \strippedcsname \notin       \or
     \strippedcsname \unknownchar \or
     \strippedcsname \ni          \or
     \strippedcsname \notni       \or
     \strippedcsname \unknownchar \or
     \strippedcsname \unknownchar \or
     \strippedcsname \prod        \or
     \strippedcsname \coprod      \or   % "2210
     \strippedcsname \sum         \else
     \strippedcsname \unknownchar
   \fi
\stopunicodevector

\protect \endinput

so, if you can complete these list ...

missing chars should go into the math-* files as well, or at least
placeholders