* Footnote numbering
@ 2003-01-29  0:04 cohsb
From: cohsb @ 2003-01-29  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

is there a possibility to restart the numbering of footnotes? (i.e. i, ii,
iii,... in the front matter, and then 1,2,3... in the body). I could switch to
the roman numerals quite easily but I could not manage to let the new
numbering start at 1. I also tried to use parts for that, which just led to funny
page numbers but did not have any influence on the footnote numbering at all.

Perhaps somebody knows a simple solution?

Many thanks and cheers, Chris.