* Chinese Number Problem
@ 2003-02-05  1:41 Guo Yang
From: Guo Yang @ 2003-02-05  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am trying to set up ConTeXt to work properly with Chinese. Everything
seemed fine until I discovered that there is some problem with the Chinese
numbers. I have a TeX file with several chapters. I used texexec and
dvipdfmx generated the PDF file without problems. But I found there are
two things wrong (which supposed to be working). The first is that the two
Chinese charaters before the list of contents (corresponding to the
'Contents' before English text) are missing. The second, all the chinese
characters before the chapter titles in the list of contents are missing
(corresponding to the English text 1 or 1.1, etc.).

I tried to figure out what the problem is myself without success. I read
file font-chi.tex and found some commands like:

\def\chinesedigit#1#2% #2: suffix, here * or \empty
  {\udigit{\chineseencoding}{\number#1#2}}
\def\normalchinesenumber#1%
  {\expandafter\dochinesenumber\number#1\relax\empty}

I tried to use these commands in my file directly. But they didn't produce
any output there, even no space left for the numbers inside {}.

I am using MikTeX under Windows XP. I am using the latest ConTeXt beta to
get the dvipdfmx working.

Your help will be appreciated greatly!

Guo

* Chinese Number Problem
@ 2003-02-05  1:37 Guo Yang
From: Guo Yang @ 2003-02-05  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to set up ConTeXt to work properly with Chinese. Everything
seemed fine until I discovered that there is some problem with the
Chinese numbers. I have a TeX file with several chapters. I used texexec
and dvipdfmx generated the PDF file without problems. But I found there
are two things wrong (which supposed to be working). The first is that
the two Chinese charaters before the list of contents (corresponding to
the 'Contents' before English text) are missing. The second, all the
chinese characters before the chapter titles in the list of contents are
missing (corresponding to the English text 1 or 1.1, etc.).

I tried to figure out what the problem is. I read file font-chi.tex and
found some commands like:

\def\chinesedigit#1#2% #2: suffix, here * or \empty
   {\udigit{\chineseencoding}{\number#1#2}}
\def\normalchinesenumber#1%
   {\expandafter\dochinesenumber\number#1\relax\empty}

I tried to use these commands in my file directly. But they didn't
produce any output there, even no space left for the numbers inside {}.

I am using MikTeX under Windows XP. I used the latest ConTeXt beta to