* two questions
@ 2003-02-06 17:13 Tasos Drosopoulos
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Tasos Drosopoulos @ 2003-02-06 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All,

After a number of years working with "classical" TeX/LaTeX I have been
trying out ConTeXt. I like the structured approach and the control it gives
the user and I have been trying it out on some of my working documents.

Two questions:

1. On writing tables in LaTeX, there is an option p{ some length } that
   enables paragraph mode for one or more of the table's column entries. Is
   there something equivalent in ConTeXt? I don't seem to be able to find
   it in the manual.

2. My native language is Greek and I would like to have the capability to
   write documents in this language. There does not seem to be support for
   it in ConTeXt. Are there any directions, notes, how-to's, etc. around,
   for how to add support for an additional language in ConTeXt? I'd like to
   give it a try.

   TIA

   Tasos

* two questions
@ 2007-11-06  7:07 Dalyoung Jeong
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2007-11-06  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-wvrSQK3plZs
  Cc: Unicode-based TeX for Mac OS X and other platforms

Hi all,

Recently, I had a problem using XeTeX+ConTeXt after the upgrade to
Leopard. You may read my mails to the list already.
Let me describe it in short. XeTeX and XeLaTeX worked well. But in the
output via XeTeX+ConTeXt, all korean letters are shown as blank or as
the series of squares([s6] mode)when I set mainfont using some of the
commercial fonts. All the files were worked OK before the upgrade.

I'd like to you two things.

1. Is it possible to use xdv2pdf to produce pdf file using the command
"texmfstart texexec"?

2. How to update xetex and xdvipdfmx? I downloaded latest file of them
from "minimal.context.wiki". I replaced the xetex and xdvipdfmx in the
folder /usr/texbin/ with the latest files, but it made another lm font
error.

I am using Mac with OSX Leopard, TeXlive 2007(gwTeX).

Since I have very little knowledge about TeX, I always ask you for help.
Thank you for the listening.

Best regards,
Dalyoung

* Two questions
@ 2002-07-08  7:27 scarsoluigi
From: scarsoluigi @ 2002-07-08  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

1) Can i wget the context mailing list (or
   are there any compressed collection ready for download ?)

2) On page 4 of cont-enp.pdf manual, copyright says:
 "....
  All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
  stored in a retrieval system,
  or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical,
  photocopying, recording
  or otherwise, without prior written permission of the publisher.
  ..."
  What really have i to do to make a printer copy for personal use ?
  I plan to use ConText at work, so must i require some authorization
  to PRAGMA ?

* two questions
@ 2001-07-05 12:03 Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2001-07-05 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

1. I'm using \/ to prevent ligatures. Is there a better way to do this?
2. Is there a (predefined) way to make oldstyle numerals the default for
all numbers (with Computer Modern fonts)?

Eckhart