From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re: Re: inlining pretty-printed XML
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:14:19 +0100	[thread overview]

At 05:03 PM 2/16/2003 +0800, Guy Worthington wrote:
>I'm seem to be using this mailing list as private correspondence, I'll
>try to keep my posting down in future.  But..
>
>Following up on my question on how to inline XML code, I vaguely
>remember reading that the TeX primitive \par, has no effect in
>restricted horizontal mode, (I think that's what it's called, anyways
>the horizontal mode that's not paragraph mode).  So on that
>assumption, I forced the verbatim pretty printer to operate inside an
>\hbox, with the following code:

>%output=pdf
>\definetyping [XMLtag] [option=XML]
>\setuptyping [XMLtag] [before={\ \hbox\bgroup},
>                        after={\egroup\ },
>                        palet=colorpretty]
>
>\setupcolors[state=start]
>
>\starttext
>
>This is a
>\startXMLtag
><TABLE/>
>\stopXMLtag
>tag inline; and this is a comment
>\startXMLtag
><!-- comment -->
>\stopXMLtag
>
>\startXML
><!-- This is displayed XML -->
><TABLE/>
>\stopXML
>
>\stoptext

did you try:

\setupcolors[state=start]

\definetype[typeXML][option=XML,palet=colorpretty]

test \typeXML{<what/>} test

\startXML
<what>
\stopXML

(ps i just found out that the palet is not predefined here, but the
previous code should work ok)

Another nice one is:

%\setupXMLfile[level=2]
%\showXMLlin[here,there]
%\showXMLwrd[whow]

(ign,lin,wrd,par,txt,nop,emp)

\startbuffer
\stopbuffer

\showXMLbuffer

there is also \showXMLfile

i'll add an

this trickery is used in:

texexec --pdf --use=xml-01 somexmlfile [--mode=packed,wide]  : use
pdftotext afterwards and you'll have a prettier xml file
texexec --pdf --use=xml-02 somexmlfile                       : pretty print
(recognized xsd, rlg, xml, exa)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl