* Table problem
@ 2003-03-10  7:50 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-03-10  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I need to make a set of tables, which are quite simple. I wanted to use the
\starttable..\stoptable environment.

However I get very strange results in the last column (p-column)

Please have a look at the test.tex file.

Do I something in a wrong way or is there something broken?

Thanks for your support.

Willi

p.s. I am using the beta of 04.03.2003 with a format of 09-03-2003.

[-- Attachment #2: test.tex --]

\starttext

\section{Doel}

%\starttable[|rw(.05\textwidth)|lw(.3\textwidth)|pw(.65\textwidth)|]
\starttable[|rw(1cm)|lw(3cm)|pw(8cm)|]
\HL
%\VL\use2 Stap / Functie \VL Omschrijving activiteiten \VL\SR
%\HL
\VL 1
    \VL directeur
    \VL In de jaarlijkse management review (directiebeoordeling) het beleid
aangaande arbeidsomstandigheden toetsen aan: wetgeving, normen en
regelgeving externe (maatschappelijke) ontwikkelingen
\par
In de jaarlijkse management review (directiebeoordeling) het beleid
aangaande arbeidsomstandigheden toetsen aan: wetgeving, normen en
regelgeving externe (maatschappelijke) ontwikkelingen
\par
Deelnemers managementreview: \VL\FR
\HL
%\VL\use3 Opmerkingen \VL\LR
%\HL
\stoptable

\stoptext

* Re: Table problem
@ 2003-03-10  8:21 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-10  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Willi Egger" <w.egger@boede.nl> writes:

Hello Willi,

> However I get very strange results in the last column (p-column)

my table/.../ knowledge is very limited, but why don't you just
specify  p(8cm) there? Don't know what you need but that looks right
to me. (Yesterdays ConTeXt version.)

Patrick

* Re: Re: Table problem
@ 2003-03-10 18:38   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-03-10 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Patrick,

> specify  p(8cm) there?

Thanks for the tip. I realize, that after |r| or |l| you need the w if you
want to specify a width of a column, but you should not use the w after |p|
when specifying a width. What happend with my setup is, that the two
coloumns with l and r where typeset as expected but the p column showed a
frame according to the w(8cm) but the text was typeset in a narrow column
centered within the frame of the column.

To me this way of coding a table lacks logic. - However it works now.

Willi

* Re: Table problem
@ 2003-03-10 21:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-10 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 08:50 AM 3/10/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Hans,
>

>I need to make a set of tables, which are quite simple. I wanted to use the
>\starttable..\stoptable environment.
>
>However I get very strange results in the last column (p-column)
>
>Please have a look at the test.tex file.
>
>Do I something in a wrong way or is there something broken?

as patrick pointed out: use p(dimension)

\starttable[|rw(1cm)|lw(3cm)|p(8cm)|]

you had something wp(8cm) and the funny w spoils things (probably takes
prev one)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Re: Table problem
@ 2003-03-11  8:27     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-11  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 07:38 PM 3/10/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>To me this way of coding a table lacks logic. - However it works now.

this is the original TaBlE's way of doing things

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* TaBlE problem
@ 2004-09-06 11:59 Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2004-09-06 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

This table is a bit messed up:

\starttext
\starttable[|r|c|c|]
\HL
\NC \bf State \VL\TWO{\bf Input Symbol}  \NC\AR
\DC           \DL[2]                     \DR
\NC           \VL 0     \VL 1            \NC\AR
\HL
\NC $s_0$     \VL $s_1$ \VL $s_0$        \NC\AR
\NC $s_1$     \VL $s_0$ \VL $s_1$        \NC\AR
\HL
\stoptable
\stoptext

Why aren't the columns for 0 and 1 of equal width?
Is there a better way than to set the template to [|r|c(3em)|c(3em)|]?
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::

* Re: table problem
@ 2002-05-23  7:01 ` Taco
From: Taco @ 2002-05-23  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, roegel

Hi Denis,

Your preamble spec. should be:

\starttable[|l|l|l|]

(pipe character is always needed, even if there is no rule)

On Thu, 23 May 2002 07:32:00 +0200 (MET DST)
"Denis B. Roegel" <Denis.Roegel@loria.fr> wrote:

> The following file produces an error on \NC and \SR. Did I forget something?
>
> \starttable[lll]

* table problem
@ 2002-05-23  5:32 Denis B. Roegel
From: Denis B. Roegel @ 2002-05-23  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: roegel

The following file produces an error on \NC and \SR. Did I forget something?

Thanks,

Denis

\enableregime[il1]
\useencoding[ffr]
\mainlanguage[fr]
\starttext

\starttable[lll]

\NC 00000         \NC {\tt O\_RDONLY}         \NC ouverture en lecture seule \NC\SR
\NC 00001         \NC {\tt O\_WRONLY}         \NC ouverture en écriture seule \NC\SR
\NC 00002         \NC {\tt O\_RDWR}         \NC ouverture en lecture et écriture \NC\SR
\NC 00010         \NC {\tt O\_APPEND}         \NC ouverture en écriture à la fin du
fichier \NC\SR
\NC 00400         \NC {\tt O\_CREAT}        \NC création du fichier s'il
n'existe pas (seul cas d'utilisation de l'argument {\tt perm}) \NC\SR
\NC 01000         \NC {\tt O\_TRUNC}        \NC troncature à la longueur zéro, si le
fichier existe \NC\SR
\NC 02000         \NC {\tt O\_EXCL}         \NC provoque un échec si le fichier
existe déjà et si {\tt O\_CREAT} est positionné,
\stoptable
\stoptext

(/usr/local/tex/texmflocal/tex/context/base/enco-ffr.tex
system         : macros of module tryout loaded
(/usr/local/tex/texmflocal/tex/context/base/m-tryout.tex)
language       : language specific options [default-fr] seamless appended
)
systems        : begin file tab at line 4
! Undefined control sequence.
l.8 \NC

@ 2001-07-09  8:12       ` Tarik Kara
From: Tarik Kara @ 2001-07-09  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=X-UNKNOWN, Size: 608 bytes --]

Eckhart, I totaly agree to your commment about support.

Hans thanks for your solution to my table problem. Eckhart's and your
solution was very usefull for me.

Have fun,

Tar{\i}k

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Eckhart [iso-8859-1] Guthöhrlein wrote:

> I will have some free time left later this year...) But in any case, there
> is of course no support problem with context, because you will always get
> answers to any trivial and non-trivial questions from this list, mostly
> even from the developers themselves - what could you ask more? (This is
> meant to be a grateful compliment.)
>
> Eckhart

* Re: Table problem
@ 2001-07-08 23:05   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-07-08 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

>This is something like r@{,}l in LaTeX... At least it works. I put the
>comma in the second column to get correct spacing. Maybe Hans or another
>more experienced contexter knows a better solution to the alignment

qQ for , alignment may be your friend

\starttable{|q[00,000]|Q[00,00]|}
\HL
\VL (-1,2)   \VL (12,35) \VL\FR
\VL (11,203) \VL  (2,4)  \VL\LR
\HL
\stoptable

@ 2001-07-08 23:00     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-07-08 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> I think tables are a topic where the context documentation (at least the
>> english one) ought to be extended, especially for newcomers and 'converts'
>> from latex. As soon as I am more experienced, and as soon as I have
>> finished my current work (diploma thesis), I would be willing make
>> contributions in this area (although the first precondition might take
some
>> time...)

Actually the dutch manual has something about tables [which is quite
international] and the english chapter on tables is in my 'to do' bag that
i carry along -) So, some day ...

@ 2001-07-08 22:00     ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2001-07-08 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 22:23 08.07.2001 +0300, Tarik Kara wrote:
>Eckhart, thanks for the solutions and the explanations. I wish more was
>translated to english. Also more documentation on math would be nice. But
>given all that Hans is doing I can't ask for more. Good luck with your
>thesis and thanks again.

Well, in case of tables I rather meant to say that some piece of
integrating documentation is missing, comparing the different
possibilities. I don't know how much more there is to translate, since
unfortunately I don't speak Dutch. (Ironically, a few weeks ago, I would
not have expected Dutch to be the next language I would like to know, maybe

@ 2001-07-08 19:23   ` Tarik Kara
From: Tarik Kara @ 2001-07-08 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=X-UNKNOWN, Size: 3263 bytes --]

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Eckhart [iso-8859-1] Guthöhrlein wrote:

> I'm just switching from LaTeX, too, so don't expect too much from me. But I
> think that
>
>     \starttable[|l|c|c|c|]
>        \NC                  \NC   \NC\TWO{Agent 2}                   \NC\SR
>        \NC                  \NC   \NC C             \NC D             \NC\SR
>        \DC                  \DC   \DL[2]                              \DR
>        \NC \LOW{Agent 1}   \NC C \VL $(-5,-5)$     \VL $(-1,-10)$    \VL\SR
>        \DC                  \DC   \DL[2]                              \DR
>        \NC                  \NC D \VL $(-10,-1)$    \VL $(-2,-2)$     \VL\SR
>        \DC                  \DC   \DL[2]                              \DR
>     \stoptable
>
> solves your problem. A possibility for the alignment at the comma may be
>
>     \starttable[|l|c|r s0|l s3 |r s0 |l s3|]
>        \NC                  \NC   \NC\FOUR\JustCenter{Agent
> 2}                   \NC\SR
>        \NC                  \NC   \NC\TWO\JustCenter{C}   \NC
> \TWO\JustCenter{D}             \NC\SR
>        \DC                  \DC   \DL[4]                              \DR
>        \NC \LOW{Agent 1}   \NC C \VL $(-5$ \NC $,-5)$     \VL $(-1$ \NC
> $,-10)$    \VL\SR
>        \DC                  \DC   \DL[4]                              \DR
>        \NC                  \NC D \VL $(-10$ \NC $,-1)$   \VL $(-2$ \NC
> $,-2)$     \VL\SR
>        \DC                  \DC   \DL[4]                              \DR
>     \stoptable
>
> This is something like r@{,}l in LaTeX... At least it works. I put the
> comma in the second column to get correct spacing. Maybe Hans or another
> more experienced contexter knows a better solution to the alignment
> problem. With natural tables, there is an alignment character, but I don't
> know if this is the case with table and tabulate, too. And I'm not sure if
> it could actually work in this case, since you don't simply want to type a
> number with a decimal comma, but a pair of numbers in math mode, separated
> by a comma.
> The vertical alignment of 'Agent 1' is not perfect, though. Time for a
> question: Is there a possibility to span an arbitrary number of rows and
> align some text vertically centered in the resulting space? (ny=3 like in
> natural tables, with additional centering?) The multirow package does this
> for latex (quite well, except for very special cases).
> Btw, there are some examples of tables in the beginners' manual which are
> not (yet?) in the english beta reference manual, so you may want to have a
> look at this.
> I think tables are a topic where the context documentation (at least the
> english one) ought to be extended, especially for newcomers and 'converts'
> from latex. As soon as I am more experienced, and as soon as I have
> finished my current work (diploma thesis), I would be willing make
> contributions in this area (although the first precondition might take some
> time...)
>
> Eckhart

* Re: Table problem
@ 2001-07-07 19:01 ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2001-07-07 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 18:53 07.07.2001 +0300, Tarik Kara wrote:
>A have tables (a game matrix) like the one given in the attachment. What
>is the best way to construct a table like the one in the attachment: The
>label "Player 2" should be centered among the last 2 columns (the
>\TWO\JustCenter{Player 2} did not do a good job), The label "Player 1"

I'm switching from LaTeX, too,

From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2001-07-07 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2001-07-07 15:53 Tarik Kara
From: Tarik Kara @ 2001-07-07 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)