* Table problem
@ 2003-03-10  7:50 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-03-10  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I need to make a set of tables, which are quite simple. I wanted to use the
\starttable..\stoptable environment.

However I get very strange results in the last column (p-column)

Please have a look at the test.tex file.

Do I something in a wrong way or is there something broken?

Thanks for your support.

Willi

p.s. I am using the beta of 04.03.2003 with a format of 09-03-2003.

[-- Attachment #2: test.tex --]

\starttext

\section{Doel}

%\starttable[|rw(.05\textwidth)|lw(.3\textwidth)|pw(.65\textwidth)|]
\starttable[|rw(1cm)|lw(3cm)|pw(8cm)|]
\HL
%\VL\use2 Stap / Functie \VL Omschrijving activiteiten \VL\SR
%\HL
\VL 1
    \VL directeur
    \VL In de jaarlijkse management review (directiebeoordeling) het beleid
aangaande arbeidsomstandigheden toetsen aan: wetgeving, normen en
regelgeving externe (maatschappelijke) ontwikkelingen
\par
In de jaarlijkse management review (directiebeoordeling) het beleid
aangaande arbeidsomstandigheden toetsen aan: wetgeving, normen en
regelgeving externe (maatschappelijke) ontwikkelingen
\par
Deelnemers managementreview: \VL\FR
\HL
%\VL\use3 Opmerkingen \VL\LR
%\HL
\stoptable

\stoptext

* Re: Table problem
@ 2003-03-10  8:21 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-10  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Willi Egger" <w.egger@boede.nl> writes:

Hello Willi,

> However I get very strange results in the last column (p-column)

my table/.../ knowledge is very limited, but why don't you just
specify  p(8cm) there? Don't know what you need but that looks right
to me. (Yesterdays ConTeXt version.)

Patrick

* Re: Re: Table problem
@ 2003-03-10 18:38   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-03-10 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Patrick,

> specify  p(8cm) there?

Thanks for the tip. I realize, that after |r| or |l| you need the w if you
want to specify a width of a column, but you should not use the w after |p|
when specifying a width. What happend with my setup is, that the two
coloumns with l and r where typeset as expected but the p column showed a
frame according to the w(8cm) but the text was typeset in a narrow column
centered within the frame of the column.

To me this way of coding a table lacks logic. - However it works now.

Willi

* Re: Table problem
@ 2003-03-10 21:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-10 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 08:50 AM 3/10/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Hans,
>

>I need to make a set of tables, which are quite simple. I wanted to use the
>\starttable..\stoptable environment.
>
>However I get very strange results in the last column (p-column)
>
>Please have a look at the test.tex file.
>
>Do I something in a wrong way or is there something broken?

as patrick pointed out: use p(dimension)

\starttable[|rw(1cm)|lw(3cm)|p(8cm)|]

you had something wp(8cm) and the funny w spoils things (probably takes
prev one)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Re: Table problem
@ 2003-03-11  8:27     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-11  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 07:38 PM 3/10/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>To me this way of coding a table lacks logic. - However it works now.

this is the original TaBlE's way of doing things