* Q:Font ... not found
@ 2003-03-23 11:57 Marko Schuetz
From: Marko Schuetz @ 2003-03-23 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Running `texexec --pdf Skript.tex` I get a couple of warnings like the
one below

Warning: pdfetex (file eccc1000): Font eccc1000 at 720 not found

and the file uses some replacement fonts that look unbearably ugly.

How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Marko

* Re: Q:Font ... not found
@ 2003-03-23 20:19 ` Marko Schuetz
From: Marko Schuetz @ 2003-03-23 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Replying to my own post:

From: Marko Schuetz <MarkoSchuetz@web.de>
Subject: [NTG-context] Q:Font ... not found
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:57:21 +0100 (CET)

> Running `texexec --pdf Skript.tex` I get a couple of warnings like the
> one below
>
> Warning: pdfetex (file eccc1000): Font eccc1000 at 720 not found
>
> and the file uses some replacement fonts that look unbearably ugly.
>
> How can I fix this?

Ahhh, I found and installed cm-super. What a treat.

Marko

* Re: Q:Font ... not found
@ 2003-03-24  9:37 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-24  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:57 PM 3/23/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Running `texexec --pdf Skript.tex` I get a couple of warnings like the
>one below
>
>Warning: pdfetex (file eccc1000): Font eccc1000 at 720 not found
>
>and the file uses some replacement fonts that look unbearably ugly.
>
>How can I fix this?

looks like you're using some eccc* font, whichis unfamiliar to me; did you
set up that font yourself?

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Q:Font ... not found
@ 2003-03-24 20:45   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-24 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:19 PM 3/23/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Replying to my own post:
>
>From: Marko Schuetz <MarkoSchuetz@web.de>
>Subject: [NTG-context] Q:Font ... not found
>Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:57:21 +0100 (CET)
>
> > Running `texexec --pdf Skript.tex` I get a couple of warnings like the
> > one below
> >
> > Warning: pdfetex (file eccc1000): Font eccc1000 at 720 not found
> >
> > and the file uses some replacement fonts that look unbearably ugly.
> >
> > How can I fix this?
>
>Ahhh, I found and installed cm-super. What a treat.

in a couple of months there will be the non virtual much smaller type 1
latin modern (lmr)

@ 2003-03-25  9:38     ` Maarten Sneep
From: Maarten Sneep @ 2003-03-25  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday 24 March 2003 21:45, you wrote:
>>Ahhh, I found and installed cm-super. What a treat.
>
> in a couple of months there will be the non virtual much smaller type 1
> latin modern (lmr)

Will this be included with texlive 8?

I can hardly wait...

Maarten

The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age
brings wisdom.

* Re: Q:Font ... not found
@ 2003-03-25 10:17       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-25 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:38 AM 3/25/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>On Monday 24 March 2003 21:45, you wrote:
> >>Ahhh, I found and installed cm-super. What a treat.
> >
> > in a couple of months there will be the non virtual much smaller type 1
> > latin modern (lmr)
>
>Will this be included with texlive 8?
>
>I can hardly wait...

the font will be presented at the coming dante meeting and will probably
end up in the next tex live (as it happens, there will a meeting there
about distributions as well)