* Backgrounds
@ 2003-03-24 14:37 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-24 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I would like to discuss a few points about backgrounds
(\startbackground ... \stopbackground).

First of all, it would be nice to have "background classes", so
that I can have different backgrounds for different things without
having to reset it each time. (Think
\definebackground[this][options=values], \setupthis, \startthis
... \stopthis, as usual.)

The second point is about the splitting capabilities in
backgrounds. This is incredibly nice to have, but needs a little
finetuning, IMO: it should be possible to specify whether the
various options that concern the "border" of the background (i.e.
background corner, frame, frame corner, etc) should act at split
time or not; example: assume that I set my background to have a
frame (frame=on) If the background gets split across pages, I get
two "boxed" text: the first in the first page, the second in the
second page. Instead, to show that the block continues on the next
page, it should be possible to turn this off. I suggest options
like: splitframe, splitframecorner, splitbackgoundcorner analogous
to topframe/bottomframe and the like, which defines the behaviour
of frames and angles in the "split area".

Moreover (now I'm getting picky, but while we're at it ...) it
would be nice, even for generic framed text, to be able to specify
the behaviour of each single corner separately (say, top left and
top right rounded, bottom left and right rectangular).

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Backgrounds
@ 2003-03-24 16:45 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-24 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 03:37 PM 3/24/2003 +0100, you (GB) wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I would like to discuss a few points about backgrounds
>(\startbackground ... \stopbackground).

Got you! Did you read details.pdf? It's all in there, you can hook in your
own graphics, it works with columnsets, in graphics, tables, nests quite
well, is layered, classes, and more. (\startbackground will be there for
old times sake).

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[2]: Backgrounds
@ 2003-03-24 18:52   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-24 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Monday, March 24, 2003 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> At 03:37 PM 3/24/2003 +0100, you (GB) wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I would like to discuss a few points about backgrounds
>>(\startbackground ... \stopbackground).

HH> Got you! Did you read details.pdf? It's all in there, you can hook in your
HH> own graphics, it works with columnsets, in graphics, tables, nests quite
HH> well, is layered, classes, and more. (\startbackground will be there for
HH> old times sake).

Actually I did have a look at it (assuming you're talking about
textbackgrounds), but I found their behaviour to be rather
different from that of backgrounds even when location=paragraph.
For example, setting frame=on doesn't give me a frame, and it
doesn't seem to support rounded corners for neither the background
nor the frame. Also, setting a largish offset "covers" the text
that precedes the background, and this isn't nice at all. I think
that textbackgrounds and backgrounds serve different purpouses.

And what about the other requests? (Behaviour at splits, different
corner styles)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: backgrounds
@ 2014-10-20  8:17     ` Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2014-10-20  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 03:46:39 +0200, Hongwen Qiu <qiuhongwen@gmail.com> wrote:

> 在 2014年10月17日 19:32, Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. 写道:
>> Source & result attached.
> I didn't expect your source even to compile since you missed out the
> \starttext thing.

- I succeeded to compile... Of course, the code must contain \starttext, so re-attaching...

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr@pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz

Tel: +420 241 096 751
Fax: +420 244 461 038

[-- Attachment #2: Bkgs.mkiv --]

\starttext
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=red]
    \input tufte
    \page
    \setupbackgrounds[page][background=,backgroundcolor=]
    \input tufte
    \page
    \setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=red]
    \input tufte
    \page
    \pushbackground[page]
        \setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=green]
        \input tufte
        \page
    \popbackground
    \input tufte
    \page

\stoptext

* Re: backgrounds
@ 2014-10-20  1:46   ` Hongwen Qiu
From: Hongwen Qiu @ 2014-10-20  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2014-10-17 11:32 ` Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2014-10-17 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Source & result attached.

--
[...]

[-- Attachment #3: Bkgs.pdf --]

* backgrounds
@ 2014-10-15  8:33 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-10-15  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: backgrounds
@ 2004-10-18 11:20 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-10-18 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

gmorais wrote:

> I made this background to the first page of a document:
>
>       \setupcolors[state=start]
>       \startuseMPgraphic{page}
> 	StartPage ;
>         pickup pencircle scaled 2pt ;
>         fill Field[InnerMargin][Top]     enlarged (0,2.5cm)
> withcolor .625blue ;
>       fill Field[InnerMargin][Text]                            withcolor
> .6white  ;
>       fill Field[InnerMargin][Header]                          withcolor
> .625blue ;
>       fill Field[Text][Text]           enlarged .5cm           withcolor
> white ;
>       fill Field[Header][Text]         enlarged (.5cm,0)       withcolor
> white ;
>       fill Field[Top][Text]            enlarged (.5cm,4cm)     withcolor
> white ;
>
>       StopPage ;
>
>       \stopuseMPgraphic
>
>       \defineoverlay[page][\useMPgraphic{page}]
>       \setupbackgrounds[page][background=page]

\startreuseMPgraphic ....

\reuseMPgraphic

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* backgrounds
@ 2004-10-18 10:57 gmorais
From: gmorais @ 2004-10-18 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

What do I have to do for this background appears only in the first page
(and all the others a simple white page)?

Thanks in advance
gonçalo

* Re: backgrounds
@ 2003-11-10 16:49 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-11-10 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

> Could You give me some hint how to setup different backgrounds for even and
> odd pages? Lets say I would like to have something like

I don't know about backgrounds, but see s-mag-01.tex for odd/even
page graphics.

Patrick

* backgrounds
@ 2003-11-03 17:28 Pawel Jackowski na Onet
From: Pawel Jackowski na Onet @ 2003-11-03 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!

Could You give me some hint how to setup different backgrounds for even and
odd pages? Lets say I would like to have something like

    \setupbackgrounds[footer][rightmargin][background=screen] % for even
pages and
    \setupbackgrounds[footer][leftmargin][background=screen]  % for odd
pages

Thanks in advance, Pawel

* Re: Backgrounds
@ 2003-04-19 13:35             ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-04-19 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Hüsing <hannes@ruhrau.de> writes:

Hi

> and I don't think this is what Giuseppe intended.

:) right. Did you run context often enough? (Well, one texexec run
should do)

> (This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211-2.1)
> (ConTeXt  ver: 2003.1.28  fmt: 2003.1.28)

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.10b-2.1 (Web2C 7.4.5)
ConTeXt  ver: 2003.3.17  fmt: 2003.3.18

Patrick

* Re: Backgrounds
@ 2003-04-18 14:33           ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-04-18 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> [Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:50:43AM CEST]:
[...]
> BTW: that looks very nice.

I am only loosely following here, but after processing Giuseppe's
file I get the following output

http://www.panix.com/~derwisch/hannes/tex/giuseppe.pdf

and I don't think this is what Giuseppe intended.

(This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211-2.1)
(ConTeXt  ver: 2003.1.28  fmt: 2003.1.28)

Greetings

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing   There is something fascinating about science. One gets
hannes@ruhrau.de  such wholesale returns of conjecture from such a

* Re: Backgrounds
@ 2003-04-11 16:21       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-04-11 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:
Hi,

> hm, but as a heavy context user i count myself as 2048 users so ...

Oh, too bad; I wanted to suggest that the (some) ConTeXt users vote on
this ;-) G.B. and I pro and you against it -> clear majority for
multilocs=0 ;-) But that way we are clearly outnumbered.

Patrick

* Re: Backgrounds
@ 2003-04-10  9:50         ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-04-10  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it> writes:

Hello Giuseppe,

> PG> why did you use "counterclockwise simplified..." ? What is this?
>
> I used that to make sure that p didn't have extra points
> (simplified) and went in a specific direction (counterclockwise);
> anyway, I rewrote my code:

Well, does it have to be simplified? Is there a chance that there are
unwanted (extra) points?

BTW: that looks very nice.

PAT

* Re: Backgrounds
@ 2003-04-09 14:52     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-04-09 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2000-06-09 16:17 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-09 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:35 AM 6/9/2000 +0100, Anders Alstrin wrote:

>And I can´t figure out from the context manual (page 150) how to do this
>on
>an existing two sided pdf?
>
>\starttext
>\setupoutput[pdftex]
>
>\defineoverlay
>  [mall]
>  [{\externalfigure[v_mall.pdf]}]
>
>\setupbackgrounds
>   [page]
>   [background=mall]
>
>\copypages
>  [visit1_p.pdf]
>
>\stoptext

You may try:

\defineoverlay
  [mall]
  [{\ifnum\realpageno=1 \externalfigure[v_mall.pdf]\fi}]

                        ^ space is essential

since page overlays are recalculated each page, this may work.

[an example of typographic progamming]

Hans

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Backgrounds
@ 2000-06-09 10:35 Anders Alstrin
From: Anders Alstrin @ 2000-06-09 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all.

I got succes in combining one pdf as background for a existing two sided
pdf.
But now I only want to place a background on the first page and not for
the
second one..