* Generating formats.
@ 2002-12-03  7:38 Eduardo Cassiraga
From: Eduardo Cassiraga @ 2002-12-03  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi:

I am trying to install ConTexT system on my PC. My TeX system is MikTeX and
I use Windows 2000. However it's imposible to me generate the formats. When
I type the command for that the system answer to me as follow:

C:\tmp>texexec --make en

  TeXExec 3.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2002

! You have to increase POOLSIZE.

             TeX binary : pdfetex
              format(s) : en

         total run time : 0 seconds

Can anybody to help me, please?

Eduardo F. Cassiraga
Departamento de Ingeniería Hidráulica y Medio Ambiente
Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
C/. Camino de Vera, s/n
46022 Valencia - SPAIN

Tel: +34 963 879 613
Fax: +34 963 877 618
E-mail: efc@dihma.upv.es

* Re: Generating formats.
@ 2002-12-03 20:42 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2002-12-03 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Eduardo,

I do not know, which date your MikTex configuration has. It is well known,
dat the memory allocations needed have grown in the past. ....

Please look in the diectory texmf-var/web2c. There you will find a file
named texmf.cnf
You can edit this file with your text-editor.
Memory allocations are prepared in different locations for different tex
environments like pdftex, context, latex etc.

I am running texlife 7 (2002). My texmf.cnf file has the following values
vor pdftex and context. Herewith it runs smoothly.

main_memory = 1500000
param_size= 1500
stack_size= 30000
hash_extra= 5000
string_vacancies= 4500
pool_free= 4750
nest_size= 500
save_size= 5000
pool_size= 5000
max_strings= 65000

main_memory.mf           =  800000
main_memory.mpost = 1000000
pool_size.mpost = 500000

buf_size.context         =  200000 % needed for omega bug
extra_mem_bot.context    = 4000000
extra_mem_top.context    = 2000000
font_mem_size.context    =  500000
hash_extra.context       =   500000
main_memory.context      = 15000000
max_strings.context      =  100000
nest_size.context        =     500
obj_tab_size.context     =  300000
param_size.context       =    5000
pool_free.context        =   47500
pool_size.context        = 1500000
save_size.context        =   50000
stack_size.context       = 1500000
string_vacancies.context =   90000

main_memory.pdfetex      = 1500000 % 1000000 bot/top
hash_extra.pdfetex       =   50000
pool_size.pdfetex        = 1000000
string_vacancies.pdfetex =   90000
max_strings.pdfetex      =  100000
pool_free.pdfetex        =   47500
nest_size.pdfetex        =     500
param_size.pdfetex       =    5000
save_size.pdfetex        =   50000
stack_size.pdfetex       =  500000
obj_tab_size.pdfetex     =  256000

I hope this will solve your problems.
Kind regards Willi Egger

> I am trying to install ConTexT system on my PC. My TeX system is MikTeX
and
> I use Windows 2000. However it's imposible to me generate the formats.
When
> I type the command for that the system answer to me as follow:
>
> C:\tmp>texexec --make en
>
>   TeXExec 3.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2002
>
> ! You have to increase POOLSIZE.
>
>              TeX binary : pdfetex
>               format(s) : en
>

>          total run time : 0 seconds
>
> Can anybody to help me, please?
>
> Eduardo F. Cassiraga
> Departamento de Ingeniería Hidráulica y Medio Ambiente
> Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
> C/. Camino de Vera, s/n
> 46022 Valencia - SPAIN
>
> Tel: +34 963 879 613
> Fax: +34 963 877 618
> E-mail: efc@dihma.upv.es

* Re: Generating formats.
@ 2002-12-03 22:37 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-12-03 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tuesday, December 3, 2002 Eduardo Cassiraga wrote:

EC> Hi:

EC> I am trying to install ConTexT system on my PC. My TeX system is MikTeX and
EC> I use Windows 2000. However it's imposible to me generate the formats. When
EC> I type the command for that the system answer to me as follow:

EC> C:\tmp>texexec --make en

EC>   TeXExec 3.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2002

EC> ! You have to increase POOLSIZE.

Find your miktex.ini configuration file, and in the [ConTeXt]
section add the line

pool_size=1000000

Make sure you're modifying the correct miktex.ini (if you have
two, you should change the one in the local texmf tree). Also make
sure that your texexec.ini file has --appname=context among the
parameters passed to the compiler

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta