From: Matthias Vogel <m.vogel@ti-kata-ti.de>
Subject: Gridsetting
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:55:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,
I'm new to this list and have quite a lot of questions.
(Questions of course I can not answer after reading the
contributions to the list.) I'll start with three of them
in individual threads.

Its funny that the ability to set gridfitting text, is often
characterized as something that belongs in the domain of
wordprocessors or DTP programs. For me it is an essential
feature of typesetting since my publisher demands it---for
good reasons: When printing on thin paper (paperback) one would
see the lines of the backside of the paper inbetween the lines
of its frontside---destroying a good contrast of the text.

Beside of its general structure the announced ability to set
to grid (dt.: Registerhaltig) is one of reasons for me to get
into Context. But after a while of testing I'm not sure
whether Context does what I want it to do. Here  are my
expectations. If you got something like this:

normaltext text text text text text text text text texttext text
text texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext text
---in 9dd, line: 10dd
text text text texttext texttext texttext texttext text
text texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext text

\startcitation

smalltext text text texttext texttext texttext texttext text
text text text texttext texttext texttext texttext text
---text in 8dd, line: 9dd
text texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext text

\stopcitation

normaltext text text texttext texttext texttext texttext text
text texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext text
---in 9dd line 10dd
text texttext texttext texttext texttext texttext text...

we are loosing the grid because of the smaller lineskip
in citation. I would like to modify the definition of
citation (and other stuff, that causes deviations from the
grid (headings)) in a way that the following text will
adjust to the grit again. Is that possible?  As far
as I can see "\moveongrid" does not work in cases like
the given example.

Thanks in advance

Matthias Vogel