* suppressing header on first page of chapter
@ 2003-03-26 15:06 Mark A. Lilly
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mark A. Lilly @ 2003-03-26 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

greetings,

i have setup a head for my chapters, and i would like to suppress the
Chapter and Section text from being printed on the first page of each
chapter. I have setup the header text like so.
\setupheadertexts
   [text]
   [chapter]
   [section]

is there a command to add to the \setuphead to make the chapter and section
titles not print on the first page of the chapter (head)?

thanks,
mark

* Re: suppressing header on first page of chapter
@ 2003-03-26 17:30 ` Patrick Gundlach
       [not found] ` <87adfigh0n.fsf@gundla.ch>
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-26 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Mark A. Lilly" <mlilly@tinorb.com> writes:

Hello Mark,

> is there a command to add to the \setuphead to make the chapter and
> section titles not print on the first page of the chapter (head)?

\setuphead[section][header=empty]

and of course

\noheaderandfooterlines

for single turn-header-and-footer-off pages.

Patrick

* Re: suppressing header on first page of chapter
@ 2003-03-27 13:06 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found] ` <87adfigh0n.fsf@gundla.ch>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-27 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 07:06 AM 3/26/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>greetings,
>
>i have setup a head for my chapters, and i would like to suppress the
>Chapter and Section text from being printed on the first page of each
>chapter. I have setup the header text like so.
>\setupheadertexts
>   [text]
>   [chapter]
>   [section]
>
>is there a command to add to the \setuphead to make the chapter and
>section titles not print on the first page of the chapter (head)?

\setuphead[chapter][header=empty]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* incrementnumber of part vs. not showing up in table of contents
       [not found] ` <87adfigh0n.fsf@gundla.ch>
@ 2003-04-24 21:39   ` Mark A. Lilly
From: Mark A. Lilly @ 2003-04-24 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
When i \setuphead[part][incrementnumber=no] so that all the chapter
numbering will be continuous, the part doesn't show up in my Table of
Contents. when i change it to 'yes' or remove incrementnumber, the part
shows up in the ToC, but the chapters are now reset to 1 at each part break.

I want to have the parts show up in the ToC, but not have chapter numbers
reset to 1 at each part.

%%%%%%%%sample, change incrementnumber=yes | no
\setuphead[part]
[incrementnumber=no]

\setuphead
[chapter]
[number=yes]

\placecontent

\starttext

\part{one}
\chapter{c1}
\input tufte
\chapter{c2}
\input tufte
\part{two}
\chapter{c3}
\input tufte

\stoptext
%%%%%%%end test

thanks,
mark

ps - is there a difference for this list between using \input tufte and
\input knuth?

* Re: incrementnumber of part vs. not showing up in table of contents
@ 2003-04-29 18:54     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-04-29 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 14:39 24/04/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>When i \setuphead[part][incrementnumber=no] so that all the chapter
>numbering will be continuous, the part doesn't show up in my Table of
>Contents. when i change it to 'yes' or remove incrementnumber, the part
>shows up in the ToC, but the chapters are now reset to 1 at each part break.
>
>I want to have the parts show up in the ToC, but not have chapter numbers
>reset to 1 at each part.
>
>%%%%%%%%sample, change incrementnumber=yes | no
>\setuphead[part]
>[incrementnumber=no]
>
>\setuphead
>[chapter]
>[number=yes]
>
>\placecontent
>
>\starttext
>
>\part{one}
>\chapter{c1}
>\input tufte
>\chapter{c2}
>\input tufte
>\part{two}
>\chapter{c3}
>\input tufte
>
>\stoptext
>%%%%%%%end test

remind me next week and i'll add an option to continue numbering

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: incrementnumber of part vs. not showing up in table of contents -- a Solution
@ 2003-05-01 20:03       ` Mark A. Lilly
From: Mark A. Lilly @ 2003-05-01 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
For the archives, i wanted to document the solution (see below for the
original problem) that Hans whipped up.

In this example below, we add merely one line:
resetnumber=no

As of May 1, 2003, you probably need the new beta, but in the future, this
feature will probably be in the general release.

If anyone needs this right away, i have the two files that Hans sent me,
and i will forward them to you.

Thanks Hans!

Cheers,
mark

Here is a test file.
%%%%%%%%sample, addition of resetnumber=no property
\setuphead[part]
[incrementnumber=yes, resetnumber=no]

\setuphead
[chapter]