* Fit Width View
@ 2003-04-09 19:16 Michael Wiedmann
From: Michael Wiedmann @ 2003-04-09 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I tell ConTeXt to write the PDF file with the necessary
information that acroread opens the PDF in 'Fit Width View'?

I tried:

% try setting "Fit Width"
\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined\else
\ifnum\pdfoutput>0
\pdfcatalog {
   /View /FitB
}
\fi\fi

but can't find the correct value for '/View'.

Michael
--
mw@miwie.in-berlin.de                              http://www.miwie.org
mw@miwie.org

* Re: Fit Width View
@ 2003-04-10  9:49 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2003-04-10  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Wiedmann wrote:

>How do I tell ConTeXt to write the PDF file with the necessary
>information that acroread opens the PDF in 'Fit Width View'?
>
>I tried:
>
>% try setting "Fit Width"
>\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined\else
>\ifnum\pdfoutput>0
>\pdfcatalog {
>   /View /FitB
>}
>\fi\fi
>
>but can't find the correct value for '/View'.
>
>Michael

/FitBH 1000

should work. Get the PDF-Reference 1.4 from www.adobe.com and take a look a
page 475 for all possible destinations.

To control the viewer try this (my default settings)

% Catalog dictionary of PDF output; see PDF-Reference 1.4/ p.83
\pdfcatalog{
   /PageLayout /SinglePage %
SinglePage/OneColumn/TwoColumnLeft/TwoColumnRight
   /PageMode /UseOutlines % UseNone/UseOutlines/UseThumbs/FullScreen
   n/OpenAction [0 /Fit] % pagenumbering starts with 0
            % see PDF-Reference 1.4/ p.475 for Destinations
}

Regards,

        Peter

* Re: Fit Width View
@ 2003-04-10 16:23   ` Michael Wiedmann
From: Michael Wiedmann @ 2003-04-10 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Peter Rolf <peter.rolf@arcor.de> wrote [030410 11:49]:
> /FitBH 1000
>
> should work. Get the PDF-Reference 1.4 from www.adobe.com and take a look a
> page 475 for all possible destinations.

This results in a damaged PDF file.

This kind of works (but not as exact as if I choose 'View Fit Width'):

\pdfcatalog{
  /PageLayout /SinglePage %
  /PageMode /UseNone %
 n/OpenAction [0 /FitBH 900] %
}

If I click on a hyperlink, the new displayed page switches back to
'Fit in Window' :-(
Any solution for this?

Michael
--

@ 2003-04-10 16:27     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-04-10 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Wiedmann <mw@miwie.in-berlin.de> writes:

Hello Michael,

> If I click on a hyperlink, the new displayed page switches back to
> 'Fit in Window' :-(
> Any solution for this?

\setupinteraction[focus=...]  standard width height unknown

you may want to try standard. See dosetuppageview in spec-fdf.tex.

Patrick

* Re: Re: Fit Width View
@ 2003-04-10 16:56       ` Michael Wiedmann
From: Michael Wiedmann @ 2003-04-10 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> wrote [030410 18:27]:

Hi Patrick,

> \setupinteraction[focus=...]  standard width height unknown

this works great!

Thanks
Michael
--

@ 2003-04-10 19:06   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-04-10 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 11:49 10/04/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Michael Wiedmann wrote:
>
>>How do I tell ConTeXt to write the PDF file with the necessary
>>information that acroread opens the PDF in 'Fit Width View'?
>>I tried:
>>% try setting "Fit Width"
>>\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined\else
>>\ifnum\pdfoutput>0
>>\pdfcatalog {
>>   /View /FitB
>>}
>>\fi\fi
>>
>>but can't find the correct value for '/View'.
>>
>>Michael
>>
>/FitBH 1000
>
>should work. Get the PDF-Reference 1.4 from www.adobe.com and take a look a
>page 475 for all possible destinations.
>
>To control the viewer try this (my default settings)
>
>% Catalog dictionary of PDF output; see PDF-Reference 1.4/ p.83
>\pdfcatalog{
>   /PageLayout /SinglePage % SinglePage/OneColumn/TwoColumnLeft/TwoColumnRight
>   /PageMode /UseOutlines % UseNone/UseOutlines/UseThumbs/FullScreen
>   n/OpenAction [0 /Fit] % pagenumbering starts with 0
>            % see PDF-Reference 1.4/ p.475 for Destinations
>}

be careful with such direct calls to \pdfcatalog! it may lead to incorrect
docs if other entries need to go into the catalog as well; if you're really
that desperate, use the (undocumented but stable) driver command
\doPDFaddtocatalog{....} instead.

A better way is:

\setupinteraction
   [openaction={firstpage,FitHeight},state=start]   % or FitWidth

\starttext

\input tufte

\stoptext

going to the first page explicitly is really needed in order to let the
named action to be performed

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Re: Fit Width View
@ 2003-04-10 21:39       ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2003-04-10 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

> \setupinteraction[focus=...]  standard width height unknown
Fantastic I have wanted this for many months but not found it. Unfortunately
there are however some bugs IMO.

1. The contents list hypertext selects the top of the screen to be the
bottom of the section line. It would be much nicer for the reference to be
the top of the section text.

2. Bookmarks seem to simply select the page rather than the section heading.
Sometimes the heading is not even in the visible area using
\setupinteraction[focus=width].

--
Nigel

* Re: Fit Width View
@ 2003-04-10 21:49     ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2003-04-10 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Wiedmann wrote:

>* Peter Rolf <peter.rolf@arcor.de> wrote [030410 11:49]:
>

>>/FitBH 1000
>>
>>should work. Get the PDF-Reference 1.4 from www.adobe.com and take a look a
>>page 475 for all possible destinations.
>>

>This results in a damaged PDF file.
>
>This kind of works (but not as exact as if I choose 'View Fit Width'):
>
>\pdfcatalog{
>  /PageLayout /SinglePage %
>  /PageMode /UseNone %
> n/OpenAction [0 /FitBH 900] %
>}
>
>If I click on a hyperlink, the new displayed page switches back to
>'Fit in Window' :-(
>Any solution for this?
>
>Michael

Sorry, but the "n" before /OpenAction is from the error devil...
The resulting PDF should work without it, but it's better to use the
standard way.
I wrote this at a time, when context had less (special) pdftex-support.
Hmmm, must read the sources,

    Peter

* Re[2]: Re: Fit Width View
@ 2003-04-10 22:04         ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-04-10 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thursday, April 10, 2003 Nigel King wrote:

NK> 1. The contents list hypertext selects the top of the screen to be the
NK> bottom of the section line. It would be much nicer for the reference to be
NK> the top of the section text.

This is a problem with pdfTeX, AFAIK it depends on TeX (obiously)
putting the reference point on the baseline and pdfTeX referencing
to that.

I don't know how the thing could be fixed.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta