* about encodings and fonts
@ 2003-04-20  8:15 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2003-04-20  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi ConTeXticians,

I'm new to ConTeXt, after almost two years of experience with LaTeX, and also new to the list. I use W98SE as aperitif
system and the MikTeX total distribution.

My questions are rather simple:

-which command should be invoked to set the input enconding to utf-8 (if this is possible)?

-how can I make that the output is generated using T1 fonts? I mean the ConTeXt equivalence to LaTeX \usepackage
[T1]
{fontenc}.

-after above questions, I'd like to know whether it is any kind of documentation that explains ConTeXt to LaTeX users.

-I don't know why, but my ConTeXt installation seems not to be able to use another font than cm. (I know that MikTeX
has change the font map maintenance file early this year.) Is it required to install the fonts 'twice': once for the TeX system
and another time for ConTeXt? (I mean, what am I doing wrong?)

-after having read the mtexfont.pdf, I wonder whether it is possible to use TrueType fonts directly with ConTeXt? (I'm
mainly interested in Unicode fonts that also have
Greek and polytonic Greek, which I also need to use.)

Thanks for all,

Pablo