In addition to taco's stuff i attached what i could locate on my machine (last year i played a bit with mysql and storing xml and so) Hans >What you are asking for (MySQL I/O) cannot be done. The context >command you refer to intended solely for syntax highlighting of >SQL statements. > >However, you got me thinking. :) > >See attached context module and test file. It's extremely crude >and more of a proof of concept than a full module, but it seems >to work OK on the simple tests I threw at it. All of the commands >and macros it provides are in the demonstration file. > >Stuff to keep in mind: > >- \write18 had better be enabled > >- the statement is fed to a 'mysql' in batchmode during \MySQLexecute > >- The result is saved to a file named \jobname-[Queryname]-result.dat > >- You always have to re-execute before you attempt to process the > the results > >- The 'Countexecutable' is supposed to return a single line that starts with > the number of lines of the \jobname-[Queryname]-result.dat file. > >- No error checking whatsoever is done. Spefically, nothing is done > about MySQL's output format, so you can expect problems with > embedded newlines and other specials characters > >The module is a joke, ok? But a fun one :-) > >Greetings, Taco > > >On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:55:16 +0200, LEGUEDOIS, wrote: > > > but I don't know how to use this (how to use the result of the query, where > > I write database connection's parameters...). Do you know where can I > find a > > manual or any help? > > >-- >groeten, > >Taco > >================================================================ >Deze e-mail is door E-mail VirusScanner van Planet Internet gecontroleerd >op virussen. >Op http://www.planet.nl/evs staat een verwijzing naar de actuele lijst >waar op wordt gecontroleerd. >