* XML Processing (Newbie Question)
       [not found] <20030521202203.17185.86767.Mailman@ref.ntg.nl>
@ 2003-05-21 20:51 ` Alexandre Enkerli
From: Alexandre Enkerli @ 2003-05-21 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for answers about my previous query on processing XML output
from an exam-making program. I should have been more specific, though.
I don't know what to do with these instructions... Should I put them in
a filter file? If so, how do I call it from the command-line?
Sorry for being so ignorant of ConTeXt ways.
A private answer would help.

Thanks!

* Re: XML Processing (Newbie Question)
@ 2003-05-23 18:52   ` Simon Pepping
From: Simon Pepping @ 2003-05-23 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 05:51:21PM -0300, Alexandre Enkerli wrote:
> Thanks for answers about my previous query on processing XML output
> from an exam-making program. I should have been more specific, though.
> I don't know what to do with these instructions... Should I put them in
> a filter file? If so, how do I call it from the command-line?
> Sorry for being so ignorant of ConTeXt ways.
> A private answer would help.

Simple way: put these macro definitions at the top of your file.

Slightly more complicated way: put these macro definitions in a
separate file, and input that with the \input command.

The Context XML way: put these macro definitions in an XML filter
file, which you call xtag-nnn.tex, where nnn is your name for the
filter file, and then run your file with the command 'texexec
--xmlfilter=nnn yourfile.xml'.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
email: spepping@scaprea.hobby.nl

* Re: XML Processing (Newbie Question)
@ 2003-05-24 17:02   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-05-24 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 17:51 21/05/2003 -0300, Alexandre Enkerli wrote:
>Thanks for answers about my previous query on processing XML output from
>an exam-making program. I should have been more specific, though. I don't
>know what to do with these instructions... Should I put them in a filter
>file? If so, how do I call it from the command-line?
>Sorry for being so ignorant of ConTeXt ways.
>A private answer would help.

put them in a file, say myenv.tex, then you can directly process the xml
file with:

texexec --env=myenv yourfile.xml

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl