* Whatever happened to the "correspondence" Manual.
@ 2003-07-01 11:31 Mark Ainsworth
From: Mark Ainsworth @ 2003-07-01 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Only asking 'cos I clicked on the link  in the show-all.pdf and it comes
back with an error. If it is still around anywhere I would like to have a
read. Or is it simply a dream with a real front page?

Rgds

Mark.

PS. thanks to those who helped with my palatino font question last week.
When are the docs going to get updated so the old [ppl] references disappear
and the real methods are mentioned?

[-- Attachment #2: Mark Ainsworth.vcf --]
[-- Type: text/x-vcard; name="Mark Ainsworth.vcf", Size: 815 bytes --]

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Ainsworth;Mark
FN:Mark Ainsworth
ORG:Sundance Multiprocessor Technology Ltd.
TITLE:Quality Manager
NOTE;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:=0D=0A
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+44 (1494) 793 167
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+44 (1476) 405 701
TEL;WORK;FAX:+44 (1494) 793 168
TEL;HOME;FAX:+44 (1476) 405 701
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Chiltern House,=0D=0AWaterside,;Chesham,;Bucks,;HP5 1PS;United Kingdom
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Chiltern House,=0D=0AWaterside,=0D=0AChesham,, Bucks, HP5 1PS=0D=0AUnited Ki=
ngdom
ADR;HOME:;;143 Harlaxton Road;Grantham;Lincs;NG31 7AG
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:143 Harlaxton Road=0D=0AGrantham, Lincs NG31 7AG
URL;WORK:http://www.sundance.com/edge/files/team/prof_ma.htm
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:MarkA@sundance.com
REV:20021113T163625Z
END:VCARD

* Re: Whatever happened to the "correspondence" Manual.
@ 2003-07-01 14:26 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-07-01 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:31:26 +0100
"Mark Ainsworth" <marka@sundance.com> wrote:

> Only asking 'cos I clicked on the link  in the show-all.pdf and it comes
> back with an error. If it is still around anywhere I would like to have a
> read. Or is it simply a dream with a real front page?

AFAIK Hans has announced it some time ago, but it seems it is not finished yet

> PS. thanks to those who helped with my palatino font question last week.
> When are the docs going to get updated so the old [ppl] references disappear
> and the real methods are mentioned?

What is the real method? \setupbodyfont[ppl] works, so why should it be replaced.
Your problem was not the ConTeXt font selection but which TeX fonts will really
be used. This is something ConTeXt cannot know since it depends how your
Palatino is installed:
- in the ConTeXt naming scheme (generated by texfont) [ec-ppl...]
- the Karl Berry naming scheme using URW as supplier (directly
   supported) [upl...]
- the Karl Berry naming scheme using Adobe as supplier ( supported
  with Patricks "adobekb" typescript) [ppl...]

Best,
  Jens

* Re: Whatever happened to the "correspondence" Manual.
@ 2003-07-01 20:21 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-01 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:31 01/07/2003 +0100, Mark Ainsworth wrote:
>Only asking 'cos I clicked on the link  in the show-all.pdf and it comes
>back with an error. If it is still around anywhere I would like to have a
>read. Or is it simply a dream with a real front page?

it's partially real on my machine; will be finished as soon as the new
version of the example framework will be posted (working on that now)

ps. i need it myself, this correspondence, so it will be there eventually -)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl