* switching to pfb-font of font
@ 2003-07-15 21:09 R. Ermers
From: R. Ermers @ 2003-07-15 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Contex'ers,

Do you by any chance know how to change to the postscript version of a given font?

To be more specific: I am working with Arabtex, whose author K. Lagally, advises using the postscript fonts, made by Taco Hoekwater, but does not describe how. It should be easy, though.
I have installed everything, ArabTex works perfect, the regular font is fine and works allright for modest purposes, but I need to produce high-quality output soon.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Kind regards,

Robert Ermers

* Re: switching to pfb-font of font
@ 2003-07-16  7:11 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-16  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 23:09 15/07/2003 +0200, R. Ermers wrote:
>Dear Contex'ers,
>
>Do you by any chance know how to change to the postscript version of a
>given font?
>
>To be more specific: I am working with Arabtex, whose author K. Lagally,
>advises using the postscript fonts, made by Taco Hoekwater, but does not
>describe how. It should be easy, though.
>I have installed everything, ArabTex works perfect, the regular font is
>fine and works allright for modest purposes, but I need to produce
>high-quality output soon.

in most cases (when using pdftex) it is enough to add the font names to the
map file (at least that worked when i played with arabtex some time ago)

filename < filename.pfb

etc

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl