* Combining \inframed with \items
@ 2003-07-18 13:55 Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2003-07-18 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have the following test file:

--
\setupoutput[pdftex]\setupcolor[rgb]\starttext

\items[symbol=none,location=top]{{\inframed[frame=on,corner=round,radius=3mm
,offset=1mm]{demand-pull
inflation}},{\inframed[frame=on,corner=round,radius=3mm,offset=1mm]{in
comparison}},capital-intensive}

\items[symbol=none,location=top]{fixed assets,entrepreneurs,as a
result,implementation}

\items[symbol=none,location=top]{situation,monetary,system,arbitrage,stable}

\stoptext
--

The idea is to have certain of the items in the lists highlighted with a
frame. Although I don't get an error in the log, the output I get is broken.

Thanks!

Duncan
dh@capdm.com

[-- Attachment #2: test.pdf --]

* Re: Combining \inframed with \items
@ 2003-07-18 19:39 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-07-18 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Duncan,

> I have the following test file:
>
> --
> \setupoutput[pdftex]\setupcolor[rgb]\starttext

\items[symbol=none,location=top]{{\inframed[frame=on,corner=round,radius=3mm
> ,offset=1mm]{demand-pull
> inflation}},{\inframed[frame=on,corner=round,radius=3mm,offset=1mm]{in
> comparison}},capital-intensive}
>
> \items[symbol=none,location=top]{fixed assets,entrepreneurs,as a
> result,implementation}

\items[symbol=none,location=top]{situation,monetary,system,arbitrage,stable}

> \stoptext
> --

I have tried your code. If you setup framed then it works. Please refer to
the attached inframed.tex

Willi

[-- Attachment #2: inframed.tex --]

%Highlighted items

\setupoutput[pdftex]\setupcolor[rgb]\starttext

\setupframed[linecorrection=on,frame=on,corner=round,radius=3mm,offset=1mm,width=fit]

\items[symbol=none,location=top]{%
    {\inframed
    {demand-pull inflation}},
    {\inframed
    {in comparison}},capital-intensive
    }

@ 2003-07-19 21:19 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-19 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 02:55 18/07/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Alternatively is it possible to get "horizontal" lists any other way?

\startitemize[text]
\item test \item test
\stopitemize

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* RE: Combining \inframed with \items
@ 2003-07-23 13:22   ` Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2003-07-23 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willi, thanks very much.

My problem is that I really need to set up multiple types of frames -
especially the two defined ones - the "circled" style shown and a
"highlighted" style which puts a background with no frame and normal
corners - and be able to call them anywhere in the document. If I
\setupframed with just the definition of one of them then all my \inframed
will come out one way.

Is there a way of naming a setupframed definition so that I can set up, for
example, \circleframed{} and \highlightframed{} commands?

Thanks again!

Duncan
dh@capdm.com

@ 2003-07-23 14:21     ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-07-23 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Duncan,

> Is there a way of naming a setupframed definition so that I can set up,
for
> example, \circleframed{} and \highlightframed{} commands?

Yopu can always define your own commands e.g.

\define[1]\CircleFramed{%

\inframed[linecorrection=on,frame=on,corner=round,radius=3mm,offset=1mm,widt
h=fit]{#1}}

\define[1]\HighlightFramed{%
    \inframed[linecorrection=on,
              frame=on,
              width=fit,
              corner=rectangular,
              background=color,
              backgroundcolor=green]{#1}}

\items[symbol=none,location=top]{%
    {\CircleFramed    {demand-pull inflation}},
    {\HighlightFramed
    {in comparison}},capital-intensive
    }

\items[symbol=none,location=top]{%
    fixed assets,entrepreneurs,as a result,implementation}

\items[symbol=none,location=top]{%
    situation,monetary,system,arbitrage,stable}

So ...

Willi

* RE: Combining \inframed with \items
@ 2003-07-23 16:55       ` Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2003-07-23 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willi

> You can always define your own commands e.g.
>
> \define[1]\CircleFramed{%

Aah! My eyes are opened. Thank you very much. That will be useful in a
number of areas.

Duncan
dh@capdm.com

* Re: Combining \inframed with \items
@ 2003-07-23 19:58       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-23 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 16:21 23/07/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi Duncan,
>
> > Is there a way of naming a setupframed definition so that I can set up,
>for
> > example, \circleframed{} and \highlightframed{} commands?
> >
>Yopu can always define your own commands e.g.
>
>\define[1]\CircleFramed{%
>\inframed[linecorrection=on,frame=on,corner=round,radius=3mm,offset=1mm,widt
>h=fit]{#1}}

or adaptive: offset=.1ex,radius=.25ex or so

@ 2003-07-23 21:39     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-23 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 14:22 23/07/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Willi, thanks very much.
>
>My problem is that I really need to set up multiple types of frames -
>especially the two defined ones - the "circled" style shown and a
>"highlighted" style which puts a background with no frame and normal
>corners - and be able to call them anywhere in the document. If I
>\setupframed with just the definition of one of them then all my \inframed
>will come out one way.
>
>Is there a way of naming a setupframed definition so that I can set up, for
>example, \circleframed{} and \highlightframed{} commands?

\starttext

\setupcolors[state=start]

\startuniqueMPgraphic{circled-x}{circlecolor,alternative}
   path p ;
   if     \MPvar{alternative} = 1 :
     p := OverlayBox ;
   elseif \MPvar{alternative} = 2 :
     p := fullcircle xyscaled (OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight) ;
   elseif \MPvar{alternative} = 3 :
     p := fullcircle xyscaled (OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight)
       smoothed .25ExHeight ;
   fi ;
   draw p withcolor \MPvar{circlecolor} ;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[circled-x][\uniqueMPgraphic{circled-x}]

\defineframed
   [circleframed]
   [frame=off,
    background=circled-x,