* Re: MetaPost backgrounds
       [not found] ` <20030810205058.278afdf2.morawski@gmx.net>
@ 2003-08-10 21:59   ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2003-08-10 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:50:58 +0200
Jens-Uwe Morawski <morawski@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 09:30:48 +0200
> Mikael Persson <md9per@mdstud.chalmers.se> wrote:
>
> > I had some problems with backgrounds in a table. I wanted just a
> > horizontal line, but in different heights. The problem is that the >
> > line will always be in the middle of the cell if I don't add more >
> > > graphics.
> > See the example file below.
>
> the graphics are always centered in the cell. therefore you have to >
> set the bounding box  of the graphic to the cell size
>
> > % This works, but is not nice.
> >
> > \startuniqueMPgraphic{splittop}
> > draw (0,0)--(OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight) withcolor white;%should not
> > be necessary
> > draw (0,0.725*OverlayHeight)--(OverlayWidth,0.725*OverlayHeight);
> > \stopuniqueMPgraphic
>
> the following should give what you want (untested)
>
> \startuniqueMPgraphic{splittop}
> draw (0,0.725*OverlayHeight)--(OverlayWidth,0.725*OverlayHeight);
> setbounds currentpicture to (unitsquare xyscaled > >
> (OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight)) ;\stopuniqueMPgraphic
>
> in order to save some typing you could define a macro
>
> \startMPinclusions
> def FitToOverlay =
>    setbounds currentpicture to (unitsquare xyscaled > >
>    (OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight)) ;
> enddef;
> \stopMPinclusions
>
> \startuniqueMPgraphic{splittop}
> draw (0,0.725*OverlayHeight)--(OverlayWidth,0.725*OverlayHeight);
> FitToOverlay ;
> \stopuniqueMPgraphic
>
> Jens

Jens,

Thanks a lot! I did not know that the graphics are centered in the cell.
Now this mystery (to me) is not a mystery no more :)

Regards, Micke P

* Re: MetaPost backgrounds
       [not found] <20030810093048.5d6fc12b.md9per@mdstud.chalmers.se>
       [not found] ` <20030810205058.278afdf2.morawski@gmx.net>
@ 2003-08-11 12:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-08-11 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:30 10/08/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi everybody!
>
>I had some problems with backgrounds in a table. I wanted just a
>horizontal line, but in different heights. The problem is that the line
>will always be in the middle of the cell if I don't add more graphics.
>See the example file below.

well, it's just framed what is in charge there, so you can use

\setupTABLE[width=2cm,height=2cm]
\bTABLE[align={middle,lohi}]
\bTR\bTD Some text\hairline And some more
text that will
apear below the other text\eTD\bTD Some
text
above\hairline  Some text below \eTD\eTR
\eTABLE

now, since spacing for a multiliner is suboptimal, you may put this in
cont-new.tex:

\def\vboxedhairline
   {\bgroup
    \dimen2=\ifboxhasoffset \localoffset \else \zeropoint \fi
    \dimen4=\dimen2
    \advance\dimen4 \ruledlinewidth
    \setbox0\vbox
      {\advance\hsize 2\dimen4
       \vskip\dimen2
       \hrule
         \!!height\ruledlinewidth
         \!!depth\zeropoint
         \!!width\hsize
       \vskip\dimen2}%
    \endgraf\obeydepth\nointerlineskip
    \moveleft\dimen4\box0
    \endgraf\nointerlineskip\localbegstrut
    \egroup}

>\startuniqueMPgraphic{splittop}

beware: unique graphics are reused, unless the mechanism is able to
determine that something is different, see metafun

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl