* Re: Do typescripts slow down ConTeXt?
@ 2003-09-29 10:39 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-09-29 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> i admit that typescripts are not fast, but the advantages of the current
> method is that i can change them easily as well as use different criteria
> when loading them; i did some experiments with (memory hungry) preloading,
> but on my system it made no real difference; normally the filesystem caches
> the files quite well; file searching may take a while when the file table
> (mktexlsr) is not up to date

OK, but how can I at least switch off loading parts (typescripts, map files... see below) that I don't need?

I didn't dare to go to the source and comment in/out lines myself.

Steffen

Or does ConTeXt needs those map file internally?

pdftex         : needs map file: original-context-symbol.map
pdftex         : needs map file: pl0-ams-cmr.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-vogel-symbol.map
fonts          : [AGaramondOldStyle] [] []
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-syn.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-enc.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-map.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-spe.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-exa.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-akb.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/user/type-agaramondminimini.tex
pdftex         : needs map file: texnansi-adobe-agaramond.map
fonts          : [AGaramondOldStyle] [rm] [serif] [agaramond-oldstyle]
fonts          : [map] [ec] []
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-syn.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-enc.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-map.tex
pdftex         : needs map file: original-ams-cmr.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-ams-euler.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-adobe-utopia.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-bit-charter.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-public-antp.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-public-antt.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-bookman.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-courier.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-helvetica.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-palatino.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-times.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-zapfchan.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-youngryu-px.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-youngryu-tx.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-bh-lucida.map
pdftex         : needs map file: fourier.map
pdftex         : needs map file: fourier-utopia-expert.map

* Re: Re: Do typescripts slow down ConTeXt?
@ 2003-09-29 10:58 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-29 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:39 29/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> > i admit that typescripts are not fast, but the advantages of the current
> > method is that i can change them easily as well as use different criteria
> > when loading them; i did some experiments with (memory hungry) preloading,
> > but on my system it made no real difference; normally the filesystem caches
> > the files quite well; file searching may take a while when the file table
> > (mktexlsr) is not up to date
>
>OK, but how can I at least switch off loading parts (typescripts, map
>files... see below) that I don't need?
>
>I didn't dare to go to the source and comment in/out lines myself.

you can of course make a minimal typescript file and then load only that
one by setting:

\def\typescriptfiles{yourfile.tex}

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Re: Do typescripts slow down ConTeXt?
@ 2003-09-29  8:52   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-29  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)