* write my own text in the header
@ 2012-07-17 16:25 dalyoung
From: dalyoung @ 2012-07-17 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

I have two questions.

1. I'd like to write various text in the header differently at every page.
It is like "SlideTitle{}" used in the simpleslide module.

I tried "\setupheadertexts[text]" at the beginning of every page.
But only the text defined at last appeared at the header of every page.

Is there a way to do such a job?

2. Is it possible to use my own figure as a background under the simpleslide module?
    -- Example--
\usemodule[simpleslides][style=HorizontalStripes,font=]
\defineoverlay[yellow-spring][{\externalfigure[./background/yellowspring][width=\paperwidth]}]
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=yellow-spring]

\dontleavehmode
\blank[.5cm]
\placefigure[none][]{}
{\getbuffer[TitleOfSlides]}
\blank[1.5cm]
\placefigure[none][]{}
{\getbuffer[Speaker]}
\page

\component TestPage

--Output

The background "yellow-spring" is appeared in the first page(Title page), but from the second page only horizontalstripes appeared.

Thank you for reading.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: write my own text in the header
@ 2012-07-17 19:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-07-17 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17-7-2012 18:25, dalyoung wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have two questions.
>
> 1. I'd like to write various text in the header differently at every page.
> It is like "SlideTitle{}" used in the simpleslide module.
>
> I tried "\setupheadertexts[text]" at the beginning of every page.
> But only the text defined at last appeared at the header of every page.
>
> Is there a way to do such a job?
>
> 2. Is it possible to use my own figure as a background under the simpleslide module?
>      -- Example--
> \usemodule[simpleslides][style=HorizontalStripes,font=]
> \defineoverlay[yellow-spring][{\externalfigure[./background/yellowspring][width=\paperwidth]}]
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=yellow-spring]

maybe you need to set

\setupbackgrounds
   [page]
   [background=yellow-spring,
    state=repeat]

if there is already a background then you might need something

\setupbackgrounds
   [page]
   [background={existing-thing,yellow-spring},
    state=repeat]

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-07-18  6:55 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-07-18  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Dalyoung,

On 07/17/2012 06:25 PM, dalyoung wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have two questions.
>
> 1. I'd like to write various text in the header differently at every page.
> It is like "SlideTitle{}" used in the simpleslide module.
>
> I tried "\setupheadertexts[text]" at the beginning of every page.
> But only the text defined at last appeared at the header of every page.
>
> Is there a way to do such a job?

This has been answered already, I assume? And wasn't specific to the
simpleslides module?

> 2. Is it possible to use my own figure as a background under the simpleslide module?
>      -- Example--
>
> The background "yellow-spring" is appeared in the first page(Title page), but from the second page only horizontalstripes appeared.

It is absolutely possible to have your own image as a background, but
you will have to wrap it into your own style for the simpleslides
module; you can't have a background to an existing style. It's not that
difficult (best start from an existing style, rename it and then edit
it), but if you're having trouble, let me know, and I can send you an
example.

All best

Thomas

* Re: write my own text in the header
       [not found] <mailman.19.1342600652.2216.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-07-19  2:01 ` dalyoung
From: dalyoung @ 2012-07-19  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Hans and Thomas,

Thank you for the reply.

First, I tried

\setupbackgrounds [page] [background=yellow-spring,  state=repeat]

but, there is no change.

After the change "page" to "text", my figure appears but it covers slide title.

I couldn't test

\setupbackgrounds [page] [background={yellow-spring,exist-thing},  state=repeat]

yet.

As you said, I think that the best way to use my own figure as a background in SimpleSlide is to make my own slide template.
I found "simpleslides-template.tex" and I may try to modify it to make a style file.
I hope that I can do it using other samples.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Dalyoung