* simpleslides help needed
@ 2012-07-18  0:41 Pavneet Arora
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Pavneet Arora @ 2012-07-18  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello all,

I am here at TUG 2012 updating the presentation that I am to give in the morning.

I have had a couple of lingering questions regarding simpleslides that I
thought I would put out there.  They are not show stoppers, and I have
lived with them in my other presentations.  It is just that with my
brain on TeX (and ConTeXt) for the past few days, I thought that I would
try to resolve them once and for all.

1.  Fonts

I would like to specify separate mainfont and bodyfont using the
simplefonts module (or some other consistent mechanism).

I have read the thread from:

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/056495.html

and have tried to split up Wolfgang's suggestion into the two parts.  I
have tried:

\usemodule[simplefonts][size=18pt]
\setmainfont[grandesignneueserif]

\setupbodyfont[dejavuserif]

which gets me the title font, but not the body font.

The other approach:

\definetypeface[mainface][rm][serif][DejaVu Serif][default]
\definetypeface[mainface][ss][sans][DejaVu Sans][default]
\definetypeface[mainface][tt][mono][Inconsolata][default]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]

also doesn't seem to work at all.  I get what I believe to be Latin
Modern Sans across the board.

I have resorted to using one of the default fonts via the module switch
for now, but would like to customize the font selection to my taste.

2.  Margins

I have the following slide, where only the right margin is affected.  I
have tried variations on backspace, width and margin but haven't gotten
the left margin to move.

\definelayout[quotation][leftmargin=1.5in,rightmargin=1.5in]

\SlideTitle{An exception: Lotus Improv, an exceptional spreadsheet}
\blank
\setuplayout[quotation]
\quotation{Pito Salas, a developer at ATG, decided to attack this problem.
After a few months of studying existing real-world examples, it became clear
that the data, views of that data, and the formulas that acted on that data were
very separate concepts. Yet in every case, the existing spreadsheet programs
required the user to type all of these items into the same (typically single)
sheet's cells.}
\par
\setuplayout[reset]
\startalignment[flushright]
\blank[2*big]
{\em Source:  Wikipedia:Lotus Improv}

<<<<

I am sure that it is something simple that I am missing here, but any
guidance would be most appreciated.

Many thanks.

--
-----