From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re: A "Lorem ipsum" module?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:08:55 +0200	[thread overview]

On 19-7-2012 03:27, Rogers, Michael K wrote:
> On 2012-07-18 Marcin Borkowski <mbork@???> wrote:
>
>> in LaTeX, there is quite a useful package called "lipsum", for
>> typesetting varioud amounts of "Lorem ipsum" stuff. Is there anything
>> like that in ConTeXt? (I know about \input knuth, \input tufte etc.,
>> but that is not exactly what I have in mind, especially when giving a
>> sample of some design to a customer;).)
>
> The LaTeX lipsum seems to have been pre-download from lipsum.com<http://lipsum.com>.  ConTeXt makes this relatively easy.  The one problem that might be solved better is that the paragraphs come in a single xml node separated by single newlines.  I defined a lines environment to make these into paragraphs, which is not as pretty as I would like.
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:Lorem:base
> \xmlsetsetup{Lorem}{*}{-}
> \xmlsetsetup{Lorem}{feed|lipsum}{xml:Lorem:*}
> \stopxmlsetups
> \xmlregisterdocumentsetup{Lorem}{xml:Lorem:base}
> \startxmlsetups xml:Lorem:feed
>    \xmlflush{#1}
> \stopxmlsetups
> \startxmlsetups xml:Lorem:lipsum
>    \xmlflush{#1}
> \stopxmlsetups
> \definelines[LoremLines]
> \def\Lorem#1{% #1 = number of paragraphs to request
>    \startLoremLines
>    \xmlprocessfile{Lorem}{http://www.lipsum.com/feed/xml?amount=#1&what=paras&start=yes}{}
>    \stopLoremLines
> }
> \starttext
> \setupindenting[yes,20pt]
> \setuplines[LoremLines][command=\blank,indenting=yes]
> \Lorem{12}
> \stoptext

I've added a module m-ipsum. I have no clue if it provides what one
expects from such a module

\usemodule[ipsum]
\setupbodyfont[dejavu,11pt]

\starttext

     \ipsum[alternative=paragraph,before=\blank,after=\blank]

     \ipsum[alternative=lines,n=2,right=\par,before=\blank,after=\blank]

     \ipsum[alternative=lines,n=random,before=\blank,after=\blank]

\ipsum[alternative=lines,before=\startitemize,after=\stopitemize,left=\startitem,right=\stopitem]

     \ipsum[alternative=words,left=(,right=),inbetween=\space]

     \page

     \defineipsum
       [ward]
       [file=ward,