* alignment in TABLE
@ 2012-07-24 21:45 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2012-07-24 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users

Hi,

How could I please align vertically the 2 table cells in the following
example:

\starttext
\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD \framed{1 Über} \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE
\stoptext

I've tried various combination with offset=0pt/overlay, strut=yes/no,
rulethickness=0pt, but without success...

TIA for any help!
--
           Peter

* Re: alignment in TABLE
@ 2012-07-24 21:49 ` Rogers, Michael K
From: Rogers, Michael K @ 2012-07-24 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jul 24, 2012, at 5:45 PM, Peter Münster wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How could I please align vertically the 2 table cells in the following
> example:

> \starttext
> \bTABLE
> \bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD \framed{1 Über} \eTD \eTR
> \eTABLE
> \stoptext
>
> I've tried various combination with offset=0pt/overlay, strut=yes/no,
> rulethickness=0pt, but without success...
>
> TIA for any help!
> --
>           Peter

Try \inframed instead of \framed.  See

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Framed#Inline_Frames

Michael

________________________________

prohibited.

* Re: alignment in TABLE
@ 2012-07-24 23:25 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2012-07-24 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012, Peter Münster wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How could I please align vertically the 2 table cells in the following
> example:

> \starttext
> \bTABLE
> \bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD \framed{1 Über} \eTD \eTR
> \eTABLE
> \stoptext

Each cell of a TABLE is already a \frame, so you don't need to add a
\framed inside a cell.

You can use location=(bottom|low|lohi|high|top) (as part of \setupTABLE)
to vertically align frames.

Aditya

* Re: alignment in TABLE
@ 2012-07-25  5:54   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-07-25  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM, Rogers, Michael K <mroge02@emory.edu>wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2012, at 5:45 PM, Peter Münster wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > How could I please align vertically the 2 table cells in the following
> > example:
> >
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> > \starttext
> > \bTABLE
> > \bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD \framed{1 Über} \eTD \eTR
> > \eTABLE
> > \stoptext
> > --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> >
> > I've tried various combination with offset=0pt/overlay, strut=yes/no,
> > rulethickness=0pt, but without success...
> >
> > TIA for any help!
> > --
> >           Peter
>
> Try \inframed instead of \framed.  See
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Framed#Inline_Frames
>
> Michael

\starttext
\bTABLE
\bTR[offset=1ex] \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD \inframed{1 Über} \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE
\stoptext

\starttext
\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD \framed[frame=off]{1} \eTD \bTD \framed{1 Über} \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE
\stoptext

--
luigi

* Re: alignment in TABLE (solved)
@ 2012-07-25 10:31   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2012-07-25 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jul 25 2012, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Each cell of a TABLE is already a \frame, so you don't need to add a \framed
> inside a cell.

Indeed, but at some point during my experimentation, I found
differences with or without inner frame...

I think, I've found, what had bothered me: strut=yes has no effect when
offset=overlay. A strut has to be added manually. This is what I have
now, and it finally works:

\starttext
\framed[height=5cm, offset=overlay]{%
  \bTABLE[offset=overlay]
  \bTR
  \bTD \strut 1~ \eTD
  \bTD[height=max, align=flushleft]
  \strut 1 Über\crlf 1 and 1 are aligned! \vfill \rightaligned{bla} \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE}
\stoptext

--
           Peter

* Re: alignment in TABLE (solved)
@ 2012-07-25 10:33     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-07-25 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25-7-2012 12:31, Peter Münster wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25 2012, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> Each cell of a TABLE is already a \frame, so you don't need to add a \framed
>> inside a cell.
>
> Indeed, but at some point during my experimentation, I found
> differences with or without inner frame...
>
> I think, I've found, what had bothered me: strut=yes has no effect when
> offset=overlay. A strut has to be added manually. This is what I have
> now, and it finally works:
>
> \starttext
> \framed[height=5cm, offset=overlay]{%
>    \bTABLE[offset=overlay]
>    \bTR
>    \bTD \strut 1~ \eTD
>    \bTD[height=max, align=flushleft]
>    \strut 1 Über\crlf 1 and 1 are aligned! \vfill \rightaligned{bla} \eTD \eTR
> \eTABLE}
> \stoptext

in that case \begstrut ... \endstrut

(you can also play with overlay=0pt or none)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-07-25 10:35     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-07-25 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.07.2012 um 12:31 schrieb Peter Münster:

> On Wed, Jul 25 2012, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> Each cell of a TABLE is already a \frame, so you don't need to add a \framed
>> inside a cell.
>
> Indeed, but at some point during my experimentation, I found
> differences with or without inner frame...
>
> I think, I've found, what had bothered me: strut=yes has no effect when
> offset=overlay. A strut has to be added manually. This is what I have
> now, and it finally works:

The strut option is disabled when you use offset=overlay, you want offset=none or offset=0pt.

Wolfgang