* linenotes: possible bug and feature request
@ 2012-08-01 15:37 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-08-01 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I have the following code:

\mainlanguage[la]
\definelinenote[linenote]
\setuplinenote[linenote][rule=off,paragraph=yes,numbercommand=,inbetween=\qquad]
\setupdescriptions[linenote][display=yes,location=serried,distance=1em]\starttext
\startlinenumbering
Sed \startlinenote[one]{entia: entitates W} entia \stoplinenote[one] non
sunt multiplicanda \startlinenote[two]{praeter necessitatem: sine
necessitate H} praeter necessitatem \stoplinenote[two].
\stoplinenumbering
\stoptext

And with latest beta I get an error, since blank spaces before
\startlinenote...\stoplinenote are removed. So, the body contains
“Sedentia” when it should read “Sed entia” (the same happens with
praeter neccesitatem). I'm afraid this is a bug.

The feature request is an option in linenotes that only number in the
first linenote comming from the same line. You have this practice at
line 7 from
http://context.aanhet.net/epen2007/share/idris/cr-apparatus.pdf#page=46
and line 81 from
http://context.aanhet.net/epen2007/share/idris/cr-apparatus.pdf#page=49.
Could this feature be considered for future implementation?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: linenotes: possible bug and feature request
@ 2012-08-02  8:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-08-02  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1-8-2012 17:37, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> The feature request is an option in linenotes that only number in the
> first linenote comming from the same line. You have this practice at
> line 7 from
> http://context.aanhet.net/epen2007/share/idris/cr-apparatus.pdf#page=46
> and line 81 from
> http://context.aanhet.net/epen2007/share/idris/cr-apparatus.pdf#page=49.
> Could this feature be considered for future implementation?

the next beta will provide

\setupnotations
   [linenote]
   [display=yes,
    location=serried,
    compress=yes, % new
    distance=1em]

but being related to critital editions the default compressseparator
needs thomas' and idris' blessing

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-08-02 16:54   ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-08-02 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/08/12 10:50, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 1-8-2012 17:37, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>
>> The feature request is an option in linenotes that only number in the
>> first linenote comming from the same line. You have this practice at
>> line 7 from
>> http://context.aanhet.net/epen2007/share/idris/cr-apparatus.pdf#page=46
>> and line 81 from
>> http://context.aanhet.net/epen2007/share/idris/cr-apparatus.pdf#page=49.
>> Could this feature be considered for future implementation?
>
> the next beta will provide
>
> \setupnotations
>    [linenote]
>    [display=yes,
>     location=serried,
>     compress=yes, % new
>     distance=1em]
>
> but being related to critital editions the default compressseparator
> needs thomas' and idris' blessing

Many thanks for the implementation, Hans.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk