Hey friendly helpers, I see, this list is one for experts and programmers, less for simple users. But given that there is no list for beginners of ConTeXt, I make my last attempt to get help in the following problem: How to create _numbered_ margin notes in ConTeXt? I have already spent some week of my disposable time to that problem without success. I attach an example file as pdf, created in several attempts with OpenOffice-writer, with spare success and giving up after the 14th note on this half-page. But it can illustrate what I want and need: - Margin(al) notes, numbered/referenced like footnotes, preferably in the wider right margin of the page. - Each margin note possibly on the same line with the referenced word/ expression in the text body which shall be translated/explained => if possible, i. e. if this place is not yet occupied by a foregoing margin note for a word or phrase in the same or a former line. - In the latter case, the margin note shall be typeset _below_ the former margin note (without printing one note on the other). Is there a way to setup/define the inmargin in the preamble of a ConTeXt document but then getting this result with a normal or (foregoing defined) command? Any other advice for to get this result? Or is it - for TeXnical reasons - not possible to achieve this result with reasonable effort in ConTeXt neither? I would be happy to get assistance (best the necessary commands/setup text) or any other advice to get the wanted result. Hopefully, Joachim Kreimer-de Fries Am 23.05.2008 um 09:23 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster: >>>> 3. How to setup page/layout dimensions? >>> \setuplayout >>> [backspace=2cm, >>> width=10cm, >>> rightmargin=8cm, >>> ...] >> >> This worked immediatly. Thank you very much, Wolfgang, for your >> swift help! -------------------------------- Text from 1844 by F. W. Lyra in the Westphalian language: