On 08/08/2012 11:02 AM, luigi scarso wrote: > Anyone involved in TeX programming has no fear of all others languages. I've never programmed in Plain TeX. I'm not afraid of other languages, though. I've programmed in Assembler (several varieties for 8-bit, 12-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit machines), SPS, FORTRAN II, FORTRAN IV (several varieties), WATFOR, FORTRAN 77, FOCAL, BASIC/Visual Basic (several varieties), C, Ada, PL/SQL, SQL, Perl, sh, ksh, bash, FORTH and several others I've forgotten including some application-specific "macro" languages. LISP, however, isn't structured like any of those. Lua is. For the way my brain works, the learning-curve for Lua is much shorter than the learning-curve for LISP. > why not Scite ? It's the Hans's preferred editor. Tried it, have it installed, added Hans's lexers but still wasn't satisfied. If I have to hack on something to get what I want, Textadept is easier to hack than SciTE since it's pretty much a "reimagining" (as the folks in Hollywood like to say) of emacs for the 21st Century and designed for user-driven additions/expansions. I've already added interactive spell-checking with aspell (in a separate window), dictionary lookup (and thesaurus-only lookup) via dict, running context with a single key and launching a PDF viewer with a single key This is getting way OT. Let's end it here. -- Bill Meahan, Westland, Michigan USA “Writing is a combination of intangible creative fantasy and appallingly hard work.” —Anthony Powell This message is digitally signed with an X.509 certificate to prove it is from me and has not been altered since it was sent.