* bibliography: multiple categories
@ 2012-09-11 12:20 Andreas Mang
From: Andreas Mang @ 2012-09-11 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

is there a way to split the bibliography (at the end of the document with bibtex support) in several categories, which have different headings (similar to what latexs' multibib or splitbib does)?

Cheers,
Andreas

This is what I would like to have as an output:

==========
Original Papers
My Name and Friends, Some Title, Some Journal, Some Year
My Name and Friends, Some Title, Some Conference, Some Year

References (other authors)
Author A. and Friends, Some Title, Some Journal, Some Year
Author B. and Friends, Some Title, Some Conference, Some Year
Author C. and Friends, Some Title, Some Conference, Some Year
==========

* Re: bibliography: multiple categories
@ 2012-09-11 16:53 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-09-11 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/11/2012 02:20 PM, Andreas Mang wrote:
> is there a way to split the bibliography (at the end of the document with bibtex support) in several categories, which have different headings (similar to what latexs' multibib or splitbib does)?
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas
>
> This is what I would like to have as an output:
>
> ==========
> Original Papers
> My Name and Friends, Some Title, Some Journal, Some Year
> My Name and Friends, Some Title, Some Conference, Some Year
>
> References (other authors)
> Author A. and Friends, Some Title, Some Journal, Some Year
> Author B. and Friends, Some Title, Some Conference, Some Year
> Author C. and Friends, Some Title, Some Conference, Some Year
> ==========

No, that's not possible today, but it is a long standing feature
request, and one on which Hans kind of promised to do work on a rainy
afternoon. It's raining this afternoon here in Mannheim, so Hans?

All best

Thomas

* Re: bibliography: multiple categories
       [not found] <mailman.30.1347376699.2084.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-09-12 10:48 ` Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2012-09-12 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11 Sep 2012, at 17:18 , Andreas Mang <mang@imt.uni-luebeck.de> wrote

> is there a way to split the bibliography (at the end of the document with bibtex support) in several categories, which have different headings (similar to what latexs' multibib or splitbib does)?

Hi Andreas,
As long as no official solution, worthy of ConTeXt, is available, perhaps you could use the solution that works for me.
1. Place the two categories of references in two separate .bib-files and process them to give you the two corresponding .bbl-files
2. Make a chapter Bibliography (or whatever you like to call it) with two sections, in  which you input the respective .bbl-file plus a list of \nocite 's for the items you want.
My .tex-file, which works with mkii and mkiv, is like this:
\setuppublications[alternative=apa,sorttype=bbl]
\setuphead[chapter][number=no]
\setuphead[section][number=no]

\starttext
\chapter{References}