From: Simo Ojala <smsojala@gmail.com>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Problem with ConTeXt (MkIV), Hebrew and ligatures
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 03:17:21 +0300	[thread overview]

 > Am 08.10.2012 um 20:51 schrieb Simo Ojala <smsojala at gmail.com>:
 >
 >>> On 1-10-2012 19:25, Philipp Gesang wrote:

utilities.sequencers.disableaction(resolvers.openers.helpers.textfileactions,"characters.filters.utf.collapse")

 >>> so we need a directive (as they can be given on the commandline)
 >>>
 >>> local textfileactions = resolvers.openers.helpers.textfileactions
 >>>
 >>> directives.register("filters.utf.collapse", function(v)
 >>>     utilities.sequencers[v and "enableaction" or
 >>> "disableaction"](textfileactions,"characters.filters.utf.collapse")
 >>> end)
 >>>

 >>> Hans
 >>
 >> Sorry to still bother you with this. I just could not get this
working. Hopefully it is just that I could not figure out right command
line stuff. (I tried out several different ways.) So could somebody tell
me how it should be run.

 >> My guess is something like..
 >>
 >> context --directives=filters.utf.collapse=what_should_i_put_here?
testcase.tex

 >> Thanks,
 >>
 >> Simo
 >>
 >> PS: Both Context setups I tried to get this working (Ubuntu PPA and
standalone) should have had code updated. So that should have not been
the problem.

 > Does it work when you add
 >
 >   \enabledirectives[filters.utf.collapse]
 >
 > at the begin of your document.
 >
 > Wolfgang

Did not work for me. However there was discussion that the directive
should be invoked from command line.

But what left me really wondering this time was following. I tried to
comment out "U0xfb35" table in "char-def.lua" for proof that this
solution should work at all. However, for my surprise, it had no effect
at all. For just in case, I even purged my Ubuntu PPA packaged version
of ConTeXt to make sure that this modification I made to standalone
version is really used. No effect. I also checked that my TeX file
should have the correct characters, not the already combined ones. No
error in there either.

Unfortunately internals of ConTeXt seems so complex for my level of
programming skills that this time I could not think of anything more to try.

Simo