* Vertical positioning of floats within itemize
@ 2012-10-15 22:45 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2012-10-15 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's me again!

This doesn't quite work as expected (at least by me, that is;)):

\starttext

\startitemize
  \startitem
    \placefigure[right,high,none]{}{\framed[width=3cm,height=2cm]{!}}
    \input knuth
  \stopitem
\stopitemize

\stoptext

(Namely, at the beginning of the \item there is something like a "blank
line".)

If I move \placefigure before \startitem, it looks better, but this
seems to be a nasty hack.  Do you have any idea how to achieve this
effect in a more elegant way?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: Vertical positioning of floats within itemize
@ 2012-10-16  7:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-10-16  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16-10-2012 00:45, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> It's me again!
>
> This doesn't quite work as expected (at least by me, that is;)):
>
> \starttext
>
> \startitemize
>    \startitem
>      \placefigure[right,high,none]{}{\framed[width=3cm,height=2cm]{!}}
>      \input knuth
>    \stopitem
> \stopitemize
>
> \stoptext
>
> (Namely, at the beginning of the \item there is something like a "blank
> line".)
>
> If I move \placefigure before \startitem, it looks better, but this
> seems to be a nasty hack.  Do you have any idea how to achieve this
> effect in a more elegant way?

tricky ... a place does some spacing before and after so that interferes
with the item that places a bullet and expects text next

it would also look kind of weird I guess, bullet - image - caption

some kind of inline variant is needed then

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-10-16  8:05   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2012-10-16  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dnia 2012-10-16, o godz. 09:41:23
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> napisał(a):

> On 16-10-2012 00:45, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> > It's me again!
> >
> > This doesn't quite work as expected (at least by me, that is;)):
> >
> > \starttext
> >
> > \startitemize
> >    \startitem
> >      \placefigure[right,high,none]{}{\framed[width=3cm,height=2cm]{!}}
> >      \input knuth
> >    \stopitem
> > \stopitemize
> >
> > \stoptext
> >
> > (Namely, at the beginning of the \item there is something like a
> > "blank line".)
> >
> > If I move \placefigure before \startitem, it looks better, but this
> > seems to be a nasty hack.  Do you have any idea how to achieve this
> > effect in a more elegant way?
>
> tricky ... a place does some spacing before and after so that
> interferes with the item that places a bullet and expects text next
>
> it would also look kind of weird I guess, bullet - image - caption
>
> some kind of inline variant is needed then

Well, I meant the bullet and item text on the left and image on the
right.  Is it possible?

Best,

--

@ 2012-10-16  8:17     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-10-16  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16-10-2012 10:05, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> Well, I meant the bullet and item text on the left and image on the
> right.  Is it possible?

maybe if you put \placefigure[right]{}{} before the \item

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE