* Two texexec.ini files?
@ 2004-06-29 19:55 Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2004-06-29 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have noticed that the ConTeXt distribution contains both

    $TEXMF/context/config/texexec.rme

and

    $TEXMF/scripts/context/perl/texexec.rme

Are they both supposed to be used? What happens if they're not the same?

Thanks.

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)

* Re: Two texexec.ini files?
@ 2004-06-29 21:13 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-06-29 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.06.2004 um 21:55 schrieb Matt Gushee:

> I have noticed that the ConTeXt distribution contains both
>     $TEXMF/context/config/texexec.rme
> and
>     $TEXMF/scripts/context/perl/texexec.rme
> Are they both supposed to be used? What happens if they're not the
> same?

This is a FAQ.
They're both unused. You must rename or copy one to texexec.ini (I
prefer it in config).

This handwork is left to you, that updates can't overwrite your
settings.
Same with cont-usr.tex

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/

* Re: Two texexec.ini files?
@ 2004-06-29 21:35   ` Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2004-06-29 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 11:13:23PM +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> >I have noticed that the ConTeXt distribution contains both
> >    $TEXMF/context/config/texexec.rme
> >and
> >    $TEXMF/scripts/context/perl/texexec.rme
> >Are they both supposed to be used? What happens if they're not the
> >same?
>
> This is a FAQ.

Oops, sorry. Except ... is there a list of FAQs somewhere? I've never
seen it.

> They're both unused. You must rename or copy one to texexec.ini (I
> prefer it in config).

Yes, I knew they had to be copied. I take it, then, that texexec.ini can
be in either of the above locations ... maybe anywhere accessible to
kpathsea?

Anyway, it's a bit confusing to have two texexec.rme files. I would
suggest removing one of them from the distribution.

Thanks for your reply!

@ 2004-06-30  7:47     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-06-30  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matt Gushee wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 11:13:23PM +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>

>>>I have noticed that the ConTeXt distribution contains both
>>>   $TEXMF/context/config/texexec.rme
>>>and
>>>   $TEXMF/scripts/context/perl/texexec.rme
>>>Are they both supposed to be used? What happens if they're not the
>>>same?
>>>

>>This is a FAQ.
>>

>Oops, sorry. Except ... is there a list of FAQs somewhere? I've never
>seen it.
>

>>They're both unused. You must rename or copy one to texexec.ini (I
>>prefer it in config).
>>

>Yes, I knew they had to be copied. I take it, then, that texexec.ini can
>be in either of the above locations ... maybe anywhere accessible to
>kpathsea?
>
>Anyway, it's a bit confusing to have two texexec.rme files. I would
>suggest removing one of them from the distribution.
>
>Thanks for your reply!

The reason why there are two files is that in the new tds the scripts are now in a separate branch of the tree (scripts); in order to keep some downward compatibility (also with respect to expectations) i put two copies in the tree; the one in scripts will go away next year

(btw, you can use textools to move files to the new locations)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Two texexec.ini files?
@ 2004-06-30 16:41     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-06-30 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.06.2004 um 23:35 schrieb Matt Gushee:
>> This is a FAQ.
> Oops, sorry. Except ... is there a list of FAQs somewhere? I've never
> seen it.

No, there's no FAQ list. But three archives of the ML. Never mind.

> Yes, I knew they had to be copied. I take it, then, that texexec.ini
> can
> be in either of the above locations ... maybe anywhere accessible to
> kpathsea?

Yes, kpathsea, I think so.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---